“Food and prices”

Aruba Experience Cafe Patisserie
Ranked #3 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Oranjestad
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Aruba Experience Cafe Patisserie is established in a traditional old-fashioned Aruban construction style cunucu house, dating back to the mid 19th century. This traditional Aruban architecture is known as a cunucu house which means country-house / farmhouse. In the earlier days, cunucu houses were built using interlocking coral rocks to a perfect fit that didn’t require any mortar. Amongst others, materials used for building was caliche, a durable calcium-carbonate substance found in the island’s southeastern hills. Cunucu houses were simple structures with very thick walls and high saddle slanted roofs built in the east-west direction of the wind for cross- ventilation, so that without air-conditioning the house was still cool. The inspiration to create this Beautiful cafe was due to technology. (Aruba Experience was a magazine for 30 years) The world of Internet and devices made this magazine expensive 2 print and easier for advertisers to find digital platforms 2 advertise.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had the pleasure to visit this café today with some friends. Loved the services, place is so cozy and you will be surrounded by soo many pictures of Aruba and every picture has a story behind it! I ate a salmon mauricette was spectacular and the price was even better! Altough aruba is expensive, the prices at this cafe are totally worth it! I went thru the menu and the most expensive plate is around 12$! Loved it all! Will definitely go again for an Arepa!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Super nice experience at Aruba Experience Cafe I really enjoyed it the food and the coffee was great I loved it.. highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although the service was good and atmosphere was cute, the food was the worst meal I’ve had on my Aruba trip. The latte drinks were all lackluster and averaged $8 per drink - which is very expensive considering they were hot drinks and not even frappes. My latte macchiato tasted like all milk with the teeniest hint of coffee, and my friend’s matcha latte was the same way, hardly any matcha flavor.

We originally came for their breakfast menu but we came around noon and it had ended (guess they don’t do brunch). None of the lunch options sounded that great to begin with - just sandwiches and salads - so our expectations were already low. We got the caprese panini and smoked salmon arepa. The arepa was so bland and it was $13 for one small arepa. The caprese panini was equally bad - tastes like a sandwich you’d get at a gas station except you’re paying $16. It wasn’t even a pressed panini - the bread was a very hard baguette. The basil leaves were dried, not fresh. And again, where was the flavor?

My friends ordered salads, the smoked salmon and the Caesar salad. Both were not impressive and small portioned too considering they were $20-25 each.

I honestly can’t believe the prices they are charging for this ridiculously bland food and drinks - there was not one thing we ordered that was good. I cannot understand how this place has such good reviews. This is the ultimate tourist trap.

Date of visit: August 2021
Travelingaround, Owner at Aruba Experience Cafe Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Beans, in Aruba Experience the average cost of the latte, since we opened doors, is $4.42. Latte is not a frappe. The latte machiatto as stated in the menu is frothed milk chilled and then a half shot espresso is added. Always a half shot is added to all the lattes. Our breakfast menu ends at 11:30 am but we do offer other options that are not from the breakfast. For instance, the ones you mentioned, the arepas, sandwiches and salads. I am sorry to learn that the taste of all the food you tried did not meet your expectations. We are a healthy restaurant and we let the flavors of the organic ingredients command our menu. The price of the capresse arepa is $ 7.42. I am sorry about the sandwich but we dont know how a gas station sandwich taste like. The price of the salad is $ 14. I am glad to hear the service and ambiance were good for you and I am sorry to hear about this experience you had here. Please visit us again and accept our appologies and receive a formal invitation to talk more about your experience here so you can give us a second opportunity. Thank you very much Mrs. Beans.

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

The location was SO cute I absolutely loved the building! I got a cucumber frozen lemonade and it was incredible, my husband got a delicious smoothie! We ordered pancakes and waffles which were decent, as well as a spinach ricotta croissant that was good.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

It’s a beautiful experience! For me, it was the most impactful place in the service industry on the island. Recently inaugurated, the place has its own spirits with colorful murals and vintage pictures, but his soul is the talent owner that saw the potential of that centenary old house and she put her knowledge and passion to develop a cafe with modern and healthy recipes combined with an excellent and friendly service. I highly recommend to live the Aruba Experience Cafe.