Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Educational

We visited the farm on a whim one Sunday afternoon. We got our directions through Waze. The owner... read more

Reviewed 16 January 2019
karenv92
via mobile
INDEED A GREAT EXPERIENCE!

I can say that this is one of the most eco-friendly farm that I've been. I guarantee this is one of... read more

Reviewed 5 January 2019

from US$5.90
from US$20.00
from US$18.00
More Info
All reviews the owner juice different kinds edible flowers wonderful experience his passion take care perfect place educational trip life cycle his wife great food at home fruit bearing plants and flowers two thumbs recycled materials
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

As one of the activities of the annual Silliman Alumni summer getaway aptly called Galak Luzon (because it was held in Luzon this year), we trooped to Milea Bee Farm in Lipa, Batangas. Selected to be part of the itinerary, it is owned by Rico Omoyon, a Sillimanian himself, and his wife, Edilee.

Tucked in an area of Lipa, we took a very short trek into the farm. Going through trees and various kinds of plants, we reached a canopied clearing where chairs were laid out, display racks of Milea Bee Farm’s products positioned at the corners and a snack corner with juice from alugbate (vegetable) leaves, lemon water and the yummy local suman served on a popsicle stick.

Rico gave a short but fun and educational talk about bees, pollination, honey and how the plants and flowers in the farm play a role in honey production. Adding to the learning was knowing the various products derived from their farm produce for bath & body products as well as beeswax for leather goods! (I immediately used the beeswax on my leather shoes upon reaching the hotel and I am very happy with the results). It was also a delight knowing that the insect repellent of Amanpulo is supplied by Milea because my friends and I had to come to an agreement as to who will take home the small spray bottle from our rooms.

The Silliman alumni were buzzing as we left Milea because we learned a lot from an unassuming yet amazing farm. It was great to be one of the Sillimanian Bees who visited the Milea Bee Farm.

Be a BEE for a day and visit Milea!

4  Thank ymalih
Rico O, Owner at Milea Bee Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

So happy to know that you've had a fruitful and memorable experience at the farm. It was an honor to be your chosen destination for the annual trip! We'd love to see you again, fellow Sillimanians!

Loyal will l bee to Silliman!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

My initial impression that Milea Bee Farm tour will merely be sight-seeing turned out to be a really fun-filled, educational and engaging trip! Here are the reasons why:

Learning about the owners' journey on how they started the business is inspiring for me. I see how proud and happy they were while sharing their story of success. I see how passionate and knowledgeable they were at the same time. From the benefits of having a bee farm, to importance of bees in pollination of plants, to how bees affect the lives of people, to how much one can earn from a single pineapple plant - the owners generously imparted. Their anecdotes actually made me want to own a bee farm as well!

Understanding the role of bees and their contribution to our ecosystem makes me appreciate them more. I have realized that bees are not beasts, but rather wise, loyal and hardworking creatures who do everything so their colony won't suffer.
Milea Bee Farm will let you try hand pollination and taste a pure, unaltered and unprocessed honey. These experiences are very rare and one-of-a-kind for me.
I got to see a bunch of fruits, vegetables and plants which I didn't even know existed. I never felt so much fun while exploring new creations and learning something about them. Seeing them upclose and personal is very different from just browsing the Internet for their pictures and reading their descriptions.

Walking around the farm feels so relaxing. It makes me one with nature. I couldn't find something like this in the city.
So much creativity is seen on the designs of the place. I was amazed how everything is recycled! I haven't thought that chairs, animal designs, pots and even beehives can be made using recycled materials.

Organic products can be bought as pasalubong or as new addition to our travel kits.
At the end of the trip, I realized how we should love bees dearly and how BEE-utiful they are. They may be small buzzing insects but they play a part in the balance of our environment. Versatility and innovation in terms of maximizing a certain produce are vital characteristics I learned from the owners.

I recommend this place to those who are looking for a meaningful day-tour escapades. Also, I highly encourage educators to bring their students here for field trips. It is 100% safe and rest assured that both students and teachers will surely learn a lot. For a student like me who doesn't want boring tours, Milea Bee Farm is the place to be!

6  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing experienced. I'm blessed and thankful that my heart brought me to Milea Bee Farm .Back to the Philippines, I'm always searching for a place to visit to learn more and experience the things that I never see or visit in my own country.Thanks to my friend Russel who joined me to visit the farm.We're not staying too far from the place so it's easy to get there.

I was delighted to Mr Rico for sharing his experienced and knowledge for taking care bees. And why they are so important in our daily life.
The staff are polite and very accommodating.Once you enter the farm you will see their beautiful smile welcoming you to the place.
They do serve fresh juices and yummy rice cake with a twist .
If you feel that you wanna eat after the tour.They serve lunch as well.

Words cannot describe this little feelings home away from home. I will definitely comeback at Milea Bee Farm .
I'm also hoping that my kababayan Batangueña and Batangueño will visit the place. It's really worth it!
GIVE BEES A CHANCE, WE BEELONG TOGETHER.

4  Thank Q1111CDjenniferb
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I was first a Milea product user and so as my furry pets at home so I was curious to find out how these bees, the geniuses they are, manufacture the core ingredients of most of Milea products.

Then, I was invited by a friend one fine day to visit the Milea Bee Farm in Batangas and join the owners Ms. Edilee and Sir Rico to experience what's in a day for our tiny, busy workers. I barely slept the night before and expecting that I'd doze off but it turned out the other way around! I was enthralled by Sir Rico's very unique story on how he started and decided to continue this advocacy on bee propagation and contribute to Filipino farmers and to our agriculture as well. Talk about responsibility and pure dedication!

It's been a therapeutic trip to Milea Orchard and Bee Farm. Just allowing the nature nurture your soul while touring around the farm is a great stress reliever. The farm's simple ornaments and structures from recycled materials makes you wonder how would you turn out your own scrap materials at home! Experiencing the habitats of our native bees is one way of expressing our thanks to them for helping us grow healthy food on our table. An almost 2-hour tour is a time well-spent with these pure hearted owners. You will learn something new and later did you know that you're in that AHA! moment.

I'll definitely come back and tag along some friends who'd appreciate this rare experience in a bee and orchard farm as well.

3  Thank annescan
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My family and i learned a lot from our visit to this farm. It was actually information overload! It gave us a fresh understanding of the big role that bees play in the eco system. I highly recommend it to schools and famillies. We plan to go back and bring along friends.

Date of experience: December 2017