“SAVE THE BEE 🐝”

Milea Bee Farm
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Lipa City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Milea Bee Farm is not not your typical, manicured farm. You will be visiting a small farm dedicated for the propagation and care of various species of honey producing bees. It is situated in a secluded area with no neighbours and without electricity, and it's a five minute walk from the parking area. Visitors will be having a guided tour to see the bees in their habitat. We have the Italian Bees, Philippine Native Honey Bees and different kinds of Philippine Native Stingless Bees. You can have a taste of honey, fresh from the bee hive; know and see the different honey producing bee species; know the sources of nectar and pollen as well as edible flowers; discover the relationship between bees & flowers; and how bees are closely related to the food chain. It will be an entirely new experience which gets you much closer to nature. Milea Bee Farm is only open to visitors every first Saturday of the month. Please note that this is not a resort and we do not have a restaurant though we serve food using farm produced ingredients with prior arrangement. Hope we could share to you why bees are important and how you can lend a hand in our campaign and the worldwide concern to help save the bees.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing experienced. I'm blessed and thankful that my heart brought me to Milea Bee Farm .Back to the Philippines, I'm always searching for a place to visit to learn more and experience the things that I never see or visit in my own country.Thanks to my friend Russel who joined me to visit the farm.We're not staying too far from the place so it's easy to get there.

I was delighted to Mr Rico for sharing his experienced and knowledge for taking care bees. And why they are so important in our daily life.
The staff are polite and very accommodating.Once you enter the farm you will see their beautiful smile welcoming you to the place.
They do serve fresh juices and yummy rice cake with a twist .
If you feel that you wanna eat after the tour.They serve lunch as well.

Words cannot describe this little feelings home away from home. I will definitely comeback at Milea Bee Farm .
I'm also hoping that my kababayan Batangueña and Batangueño will visit the place. It's really worth it!
GIVE BEES A CHANCE, WE BEELONG TOGETHER.

4  Thank Q1111CDjenniferb
"plants and flowers"
"two thumbs"
"recycled materials"

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I was first a Milea product user and so as my furry pets at home so I was curious to find out how these bees, the geniuses they are, manufacture the core ingredients of most of Milea products.

Then, I was invited by a friend one fine day to visit the Milea Bee Farm in Batangas and join the owners Ms. Edilee and Sir Rico to experience what's in a day for our tiny, busy workers. I barely slept the night before and expecting that I'd doze off but it turned out the other way around! I was enthralled by Sir Rico's very unique story on how he started and decided to continue this advocacy on bee propagation and contribute to Filipino farmers and to our agriculture as well. Talk about responsibility and pure dedication!

It's been a therapeutic trip to Milea Orchard and Bee Farm. Just allowing the nature nurture your soul while touring around the farm is a great stress reliever. The farm's simple ornaments and structures from recycled materials makes you wonder how would you turn out your own scrap materials at home! Experiencing the habitats of our native bees is one way of expressing our thanks to them for helping us grow healthy food on our table. An almost 2-hour tour is a time well-spent with these pure hearted owners. You will learn something new and later did you know that you're in that AHA! moment.

I'll definitely come back and tag along some friends who'd appreciate this rare experience in a bee and orchard farm as well.

3  Thank annescan
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My family and i learned a lot from our visit to this farm. It was actually information overload! It gave us a fresh understanding of the big role that bees play in the eco system. I highly recommend it to schools and famillies. We plan to go back and bring along friends.

Date of experience: December 2017
3  Thank Lyn A
Reviewed 9 April 2018

As a nature enthousiast, I enjoyed every second I spent at Milea Bee Farm.
The tour on the bees was fascinating, there is also a multitude of other beautiful insects and butterflies everywhere ! I was amazed by the biodiversity in such a small place, you'll find cinnamon tree, plenty of vanilla orchids, and many species that are quite unusual!
Sir Rico was very helpful and welcoming as well and... THE FOOD !
I know this isn't listed as a restaurant, but if you get the chance to eat there... I did not expect to have such amazing food, all local and organic and creative and yummy, no other place I've been to in the Philippines equals the quality of the food I ate there :O

Date of experience: March 2018
4  Thank Alexander W
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Our small team had a buzz worthy trip at Milea Orchard Bee Farm. Sir Rico Omoyon’s passion in beekeeping was very evident as he unselfishly shared his experience and expertise. Colonies of Italian Bees and Stingless Bees can be seen around the farm.

Things I learned from BEES:
1) Make each day count. Focus on the role you are given. Give your best and maximize what you can do every single day.
2) Stick to your partner. Like how a bee is loyal to one flower or fruit bearing plant, we should also commit ourselves to our chosen partner in life.
3) Sip life’s sweet moments. Find and share the goodness of this world.
4) BEE united. Cooperate and work together.
5) Always find your way home. Wherever life takes you, go home to your family at the end of the day.

I highly recommend going on a BEESITA sa BUKID trip to Milea Bee Farm. Next time I see a bee, I won’t duck and hide. Learning how they function, I now have a higher regard for our busy bees!

4  Thank Lorraine D