“Unforgettable experience ! Definitively recommended.”
Review of Milea Bee Farm

Milea Bee Farm
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lipa City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Milea Bee Farm is not not your typical, manicured farm. You will be visiting a small farm dedicated for the propagation and care of various species of honey producing bees. It is situated in a secluded area with no neighbours and without electricity, and it's a five minute walk from the parking area. Visitors will be having a guided tour to see the bees in their habitat. We have the Italian Bees, Philippine Native Honey Bees and different kinds of Philippine Native Stingless Bees. You can have a taste of honey, fresh from the bee hive; know and see the different honey producing bee species; know the sources of nectar and pollen as well as edible flowers; discover the relationship between bees & flowers; and how bees are closely related to the food chain. It will be an entirely new experience which gets you much closer to nature. Milea Bee Farm is only open to visitors every first Saturday of the month. Please note that this is not a resort and we do not have a restaurant though we serve food using farm produced ingredients with prior arrangement. Hope we could share to you why bees are important and how you can lend a hand in our campaign and the worldwide concern to help save the bees.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

As a nature enthousiast, I enjoyed every second I spent at Milea Bee Farm.
The tour on the bees was fascinating, there is also a multitude of other beautiful insects and butterflies everywhere ! I was amazed by the biodiversity in such a small place, you'll find cinnamon tree, plenty of vanilla orchids, and many species that are quite unusual!
Sir Rico was very helpful and welcoming as well and... THE FOOD !
I know this isn't listed as a restaurant, but if you get the chance to eat there... I did not expect to have such amazing food, all local and organic and creative and yummy, no other place I've been to in the Philippines equals the quality of the food I ate there :O

3  Thank Alexander W
in 2 reviews
"friends and family"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Our small team had a buzz worthy trip at Milea Orchard Bee Farm. Sir Rico Omoyon’s passion in beekeeping was very evident as he unselfishly shared his experience and expertise. Colonies of Italian Bees and Stingless Bees can be seen around the farm.

Things I learned from BEES:
1) Make each day count. Focus on the role you are given. Give your best and maximize what you can do every single day.
2) Stick to your partner. Like how a bee is loyal to one flower or fruit bearing plant, we should also commit ourselves to our chosen partner in life.
3) Sip life’s sweet moments. Find and share the goodness of this world.
4) BEE united. Cooperate and work together.
5) Always find your way home. Wherever life takes you, go home to your family at the end of the day.

I highly recommend going on a BEESITA sa BUKID trip to Milea Bee Farm. Next time I see a bee, I won’t duck and hide. Learning how they function, I now have a higher regard for our busy bees!

3  Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a very educational place to be when it comes to agricultural bee farming. It's full of nice people. Although slightly hard to find for me to say the least but it's worth it. The sight of the garden is very beautiful. This is the only bee farm I've been to that actually explained why they do this and how basically everything works to the point that it even teaches children. My little sisters learned alot from them. I've enjoyed the time being there cause the persons who toured us around was very cheerful and very polite. I didn't take much photos 'cause I was abit too distracted with what they were saying. All in all, it's worth it going to this place for beautiful sceneries and educational teachings about bee farming.

2  Thank Yoshino T
Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you want to spend the day being surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants, learning about the bees and our environment, and just being one with nature, then Milea Bee Farms is the perfect place to visit!

You can experience seeing both European bees and our local stingless bees in their natural habitats, explore the farm and the different kinds of vegetables they produce (you can even buy directly from them!), and listen to the teachings and stories from the owner himself, Sir Rico Omoyon! Everyone in the farm is also really humble and sweet, and they really make sure that you're going to have a good time and make the most out of your trip in the farm. They also sell their own products like soap, honey, and other skin remedies (and you can guarantee it's 100% safe). Visiting Milea is a truly unique and wonderful experience and I highly recommend going here with your friends and family :)

2  Thank cat p