“Lipa's (not so) Hidden Gem”
Review of Milea Bee Farm

Milea Bee Farm
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lipa City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Milea Bee Farm is not not your typical, manicured farm. You will be visiting a small farm dedicated for the propagation and care of various species of honey producing bees. It is situated in a secluded area with no neighbours and without electricity, and it's a five minute walk from the parking area. Visitors will be having a guided tour to see the bees in their habitat. We have the Italian Bees, Philippine Native Honey Bees and different kinds of Philippine Native Stingless Bees. You can have a taste of honey, fresh from the bee hive; know and see the different honey producing bee species; know the sources of nectar and pollen as well as edible flowers; discover the relationship between bees & flowers; and how bees are closely related to the food chain. It will be an entirely new experience which gets you much closer to nature. Milea Bee Farm is only open to visitors every first Saturday of the month. Please note that this is not a resort and we do not have a restaurant though we serve food using farm produced ingredients with prior arrangement. Hope we could share to you why bees are important and how you can lend a hand in our campaign and the worldwide concern to help save the bees.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you want to spend the day being surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants, learning about the bees and our environment, and just being one with nature, then Milea Bee Farms is the perfect place to visit!

You can experience seeing both European bees and our local stingless bees in their natural habitats, explore the farm and the different kinds of vegetables they produce (you can even buy directly from them!), and listen to the teachings and stories from the owner himself, Sir Rico Omoyon! Everyone in the farm is also really humble and sweet, and they really make sure that you're going to have a good time and make the most out of your trip in the farm. They also sell their own products like soap, honey, and other skin remedies (and you can guarantee it's 100% safe). Visiting Milea is a truly unique and wonderful experience and I highly recommend going here with your friends and family :)

2  Thank cat p
in 6 reviews
"batangas"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The tour was very informative! Mr. Omoyon was very approachable and welcomes inquiries about beekeeping, he even encourages you to do it! The farm employees were very accommodating and friendly. You get to buy the freshest vegetables they have on the farm. The juice served was really fantastic. Our experience made me want to live a peaceful farm life :)

2  Thank Gee Ann B
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Everytime i find myself in Lipa, i try to go somewhere else aside from the mandatory court appearance. This was one of the places i really wanted to visit but the first time i went I could not find it despite waze confirming that i arrived at the location.

For my second attempt, i tried to call the owner Rico Omoyon, and to my surprise he really answered my call despite being abroad. I was so glad that he did and he even asked for his people in the farm to wait for my arrival. Thank you so much!

As a nerd born and raised in the metro it was awesome finally seeing things i usually just see in a book or on TV. I saw a queen bee (it was really tiny as compared to how big i imagined it to be), Philippine stingless bees (they actually look like flies but aren't), cinnamon (on an actual tree instead of the ground up version), vanilla (actually growing on the tree and inside the pod - it is not liquid at all!) and so many other kinds of edible flowers and fruits and veggies.

I hope other people can visit and support this farm as well. I visited sometime last year and made it a point to not delete the email until i made a review.

Tip for those people who want to visit: Just follow waze "Milea Bee Farm" Kurba Road, Lipa. It will look like you're getting lost on the way and at the end it also really looks like you ended up in some residential area, but don't be shy to ask the people around because you will need to drive few more meters to get to the place (at location continue forward you will see a somewhat hidden dirt road winding to the left. Don't worry your car will fit.) It would also help to contact the personnel at the farm before your visit so you can call them in the event that there are no friendly people when you get there.

4  Thank Jazz T
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I have not yet visited the Milea Bee Farm personally, but im planning to do it maybe this year with Family and Some Friends.
All i can say is I love Milea Products especially the Honey, it is really pure, unaltered and not processed, also it has many benefits,, kaya if i were you Only Buy from reputable source Like Milea Bee Farm kasi their products talagang of Highest Quality at di kayo magsisisi dahil kung ano nasa label nila un talaga ang product na gagamitin mo. Two Thumbs up!

3  Thank Jhennie06
Rico O, General Manager at Milea Bee Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Hi Jhennie,

Thank you so much for trying Mile Bee Farm and Milea All Organic products.

We hope that you could visit us and see where our ingredients come from. We would love to show you around the farm.

Hoping to bee with you the soonest.

Thanks

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Me and my friends have been searching a place to go somewhere in Batangas. We're doing this for my bucket list and we arrived at this site. Honestly, I haven't been in a farm before not until we had a trip at Milea. Though it's only my first farm visit, I tell it's the best one. The air is fresh, far from the city. The ambiance gives you a feel like home, relaxing! You'll find yourself in midst of nature and you don't want to leave because you'll get attached to it. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU'LL LEARN A LOT. You'll make you wanna say, "All my life has been a lie" (I know it sounds ridiculous but believe me, you'll say it once you visit here) because Sir Rico will open your minds with his facts and knowledge. All in all, I just wanna say I want to go back and visit this place again. It caught my heart not only because of its nature and such but also the people who run this place (they are really accommodating) If you want to understand what I'm saying, go HERE! You won't regret it <3

4  Thank alyssamapute
Rico O, General Manager at Milea Bee Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope to bee with you again sometime soon.