“Not a BEEtter trip rather a SWEET EXPERIENCE”
Review of Milea Bee Farm

Milea Bee Farm
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lipa City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Milea Bee Farm is not not your typical, manicured farm. You will be visiting a small farm dedicated for the propagation and care of various species of honey producing bees. It is situated in a secluded area with no neighbours and without electricity, and it's a five minute walk from the parking area. Visitors will be having a guided tour to see the bees in their habitat. We have the Italian Bees, Philippine Native Honey Bees and different kinds of Philippine Native Stingless Bees. You can have a taste of honey, fresh from the bee hive; know and see the different honey producing bee species; know the sources of nectar and pollen as well as edible flowers; discover the relationship between bees & flowers; and how bees are closely related to the food chain. It will be an entirely new experience which gets you much closer to nature. Milea Bee Farm is only open to visitors every first Saturday of the month. Please note that this is not a resort and we do not have a restaurant though we serve food using farm produced ingredients with prior arrangement. Hope we could share to you why bees are important and how you can lend a hand in our campaign and the worldwide concern to help save the bees.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Me and my friends have been searching a place to go somewhere in Batangas. We're doing this for my bucket list and we arrived at this site. Honestly, I haven't been in a farm before not until we had a trip at Milea. Though it's only my first farm visit, I tell it's the best one. The air is fresh, far from the city. The ambiance gives you a feel like home, relaxing! You'll find yourself in midst of nature and you don't want to leave because you'll get attached to it. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU'LL LEARN A LOT. You'll make you wanna say, "All my life has been a lie" (I know it sounds ridiculous but believe me, you'll say it once you visit here) because Sir Rico will open your minds with his facts and knowledge. All in all, I just wanna say I want to go back and visit this place again. It caught my heart not only because of its nature and such but also the people who run this place (they are really accommodating) If you want to understand what I'm saying, go HERE! You won't regret it <3

4  Thank alyssamapute
Rico O, General Manager at Milea Bee Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope to bee with you again sometime soon.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"friends and family"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We just planned to go to this bee farm without knowing something, and I just thought this is just a bee farm, wherein there is only bees, but when we start walking into the narrow way to farm the surrounding is wonderful it was full of flowers and tropical plants. When we enter the part we saw many different types of bees and we are being educated by things about bees and how bees are important to us. This is a good experience in a bee farm, this is not just a farm but an attraction.
I highly recommended this tour to any group or individual who are into a fun experience.
Thanks to the Melia Bee Farm for this wonderful experience.

4  Thank Kyla0605

We teach visitors our way of farming and beekeeping. Your visit gave us the same opportunity but also opened our eyes to other learnings that you shared. Thank you for dropping by and we hope to bee with you sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

If you want a worthwhile break from your everyday life, Milea is the perfect place for you. The bee farm overflows with natural beauty and wonders that will definitely give you the kind of peace you’ve been looking for.
Away from the constant hustle and bustle of city life, the place didn’t only calm our souls – it also thought me and my friends that we can find pure happiness in the act of caring for nature. The flowers, herbs, and trees (made abundant by the presence of honey-making bees and pretty butterflies) are all very enchanting. What’s more, Mr. Rico was a very accommodating owner and tour guide, and I deeply admire his capability to keep us entertained as he shared the vast amount of knowledge he possesses on the subjects of keeping bees, growing plants, managing a farm, and being a total nature lover.
Truly, Milea Bee Farm is such a relaxing place that will make you feel like you’ve just taken your first ever breath. It’s so captivating that I am definitely sure I’ll be back there soon.
I think you’d very much feel the same.

4  Thank Shaina Jane P

People who appreciate and love naturally grown food like you inspires us and keeps us going. Thank you for spending some time with us and we hope to bee with you sometime soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Mr Rico was wonderful and very knowledgeable on all things extending beyond beekeeping. He was very accommodating to all visitors and his passion towards the ecosystem is very inspiring.
Plus lunch buffet was well worth (and even more) the price you pay!! 5 stars

3  Thank Edward Adrian C
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We attended a scheduled tour of the farm given by Rico. WOW! Very hands on and informative! First he talked to us about bees, which included honey tasting and interaction with the insects. (Rico let the kids hold sections of honeycomb and stingless drones which they found very cool.) Then, we went on a tour of the grounds which included tropical plants of many different varieties. We tasted edible leaves (anise, cinnamon, mint, etc.) as well as other plants and learned about their various culinary and medical uses. Kids were blown away to be tasting cinnamon and licorice by chewing on tree leaves! In all, the tour lasted about 90 minutes.

We had adults, kids and teenagers in our group, and everyone gave the tour a rave review! I would definitely recommend this activity to any group or individual interested in having a fun learning experience.

A few points to know before you go:
1. Make a reservation by phone or email. Tours are not available every day.
2. Location is not marked from the street. The location is can be found in Waze or Google Maps, I believe. Our group didn't have any trouble getting there using Waze.
3. There is a cost of 200P per visitor. Well worth it, in my opinion. If you like learning activities, you will love your visit to Milea!

4  Thank 5Lars