Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Educational

We visited the farm on a whim one Sunday afternoon. We got our directions through Waze. The owner... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
karenv92
via mobile
INDEED A GREAT EXPERIENCE!

I can say that this is one of the most eco-friendly farm that I've been. I guarantee this is one of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
itsmirayah09
Batangas City, Philippines

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Lipa City
from US$138.00
from US$20.00
from US$5.90
More Info
All reviews the owner juice different kinds edible flowers wonderful experience his passion take care perfect place educational trip life cycle his wife great food at home fruit bearing plants and flowers two thumbs recycled materials
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We attended a scheduled tour of the farm given by Rico. WOW! Very hands on and informative! First he talked to us about bees, which included honey tasting and interaction with the insects. (Rico let the kids hold sections of honeycomb and stingless drones which they found very cool.) Then, we went on a tour of the grounds which included tropical plants of many different varieties. We tasted edible leaves (anise, cinnamon, mint, etc.) as well as other plants and learned about their various culinary and medical uses. Kids were blown away to be tasting cinnamon and licorice by chewing on tree leaves! In all, the tour lasted about 90 minutes.

We had adults, kids and teenagers in our group, and everyone gave the tour a rave review! I would definitely recommend this activity to any group or individual interested in having a fun learning experience.

A few points to know before you go:
1. Make a reservation by phone or email. Tours are not available every day.
2. Location is not marked from the street. The location is can be found in Waze or Google Maps, I believe. Our group didn't have any trouble getting there using Waze.
3. There is a cost of 200P per visitor. Well worth it, in my opinion. If you like learning activities, you will love your visit to Milea!

Date of experience: November 2017
5  Thank 5Lars
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you Milea Bee farm for such a very memorable Bee experience. To sir Rico Omoyon, thank you for taking us around the farm and giving extra facts and informations about plants and how important the bees are. Thank you din po Sir Rico for a very generous act sa pagoffer kung ano yung pwede nyong itulong sa project namin. Salamat din po sa napakabait na mga kuya na ngoffer samin ng payong at naghatid samin palabas ng farm. Will surely recommend and visit again.

#worththetrip

Date of experience: August 2017
4  Thank ninia marie p
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Its one sunny day when aunt Nida asked me if I can go with ger visit the bee farm. I love farms but bees? No! So i asked all my nieces and nephews to join. Turned out to be very educational and a different kind of adventure that kids really enjoyed and apprecaite nature. Sanglit pakadto kamo labi na mga taga leyte ngan samar para kamo kita ngan mabaro nga dakon bulig hin mga bunuyog ha aton mga pananom. Diri gud kamo magbabasol kay maririshu! And im coming back soon!

Date of experience: May 2017
5  Thank Gary A
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

You need to make a appointment to go see Milea Bee Farm. They are not open everyday, just Tues - Thursday and I think Saturday. From Manila it can take two hours to get there and I found their place on google maps.

Rico, the owner, spoke to us about his farm, his work, and a lot of information about the European bees as well as the native stingless bees. Rico brushed up his apiculture beekeeping knowledge with a course at Univ. California at Davis.

This farm is one of many of his bee farms, but he educates people from this one. We toured the farm but it is not very big. We learned about the native bees and problems that he encounters in his work, as well as the importance of bees in agriculture.

I highly recommend this tour. Rico is passionate about educating people from all walks of life, but especially farmers about these pollinators in our lives.

On a side note his family makes products out of the honey, pollen, propolis and beeswax that his farms harvest, which they sell in the farm. There is a small fee to tour the farm. This makes a nice day trip to Batangas.

Date of experience: May 2017
5  Thank leonore m
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

It was a fun and very educational trip for us adults and kids. We learned the importance of bees in the ecosystem and not just the honey they produce. Did you know that there are 7 species of bees in the Philippines, and some stingers and some non stingers and how tiny they are? Amazing isn't it?! So head to Miles Bee Farm for a fun and informative day.

Date of experience: March 2017