“Great learning....great food!”

Milea Bee Farm
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lipa City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Milea Bee Farm is not not your typical, manicured farm. You will be visiting a small farm dedicated for the propagation and care of various species of honey producing bees. It is situated in a secluded area with no neighbours and without electricity, and it's a five minute walk from the parking area. Visitors will be having a guided tour to see the bees in their habitat. We have the Italian Bees, Philippine Native Honey Bees and different kinds of Philippine Native Stingless Bees. You can have a taste of honey, fresh from the bee hive; know and see the different honey producing bee species; know the sources of nectar and pollen as well as edible flowers; discover the relationship between bees & flowers; and how bees are closely related to the food chain. It will be an entirely new experience which gets you much closer to nature. Milea Bee Farm is only open to visitors every first Saturday of the month. Please note that this is not a resort and we do not have a restaurant though we serve food using farm produced ingredients with prior arrangement. Hope we could share to you why bees are important and how you can lend a hand in our campaign and the worldwide concern to help save the bees.
Reviewed 13 March 2015

One of my best experience in farm education! From theoretical to the hands-on experience and expedition in looking and extracting the bees, it was all worth it. Aside from the great learning, Rico and Eds prepares the best organic food for every meal and merienda. You would always ask, what is this? How did you do this? As the meals served there was also a great experience.....something different from the everyday food you eat at home. I would definitely come back for a refresher course.....or just for the great food!

18  Thank Ed Roderick C
in 2 reviews
"friends and family"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2015

My research & data gathering for my undergraduate thesis led me to visit Milea Bee farm. My dad, who hails from the exact city where the apiary is situated, accompanied me there. I've already visited a handful of bee farms from the neighboring provinces (Cavite & Laguna) prior to my visit in Milea, so I already had my expectations on what one should look like.

We were led to an off beaten track, just a few minutes away from the main road. To my surprise, the place was more than what I expected. First, the flowers were all in full bloom. Ang ganda! The neighboring coconut trees were abundantly fruitful, I thought their trunks would just snap off anytime from supporting all that weight. Never in my life have I seen nature be so rich and copious. It was just paradise in there. It was thrilling that even the sound of the bombinating bees was music to my ears. :D

Sir Rico and Ms Edilee are the kindest. I adore their generosity when it comes to sharing their passion to others. I think everyone should be inspired by them. :D

23  Thank MinskyG
Reviewed 9 March 2015

First time to visit a bee farm and it was such a grand one! Not only did i learn a great deal about bees and how to detect real honey but alout edible flowers as well. The hospitality of the owners, Rico & Eds, also keep me and my friends at ease with the place. The food and drinks served by the staff were so yummy,! Great experience....hope to be back in the near future. Two thumbs up!

19  Thank Pearly S
Reviewed 9 March 2015

Awesome educational experience about plants and bees. Owners,Sir Rico and Ms Edilee have passion in what they do. Healthy organic salad from the farm. They serve delicious food. Available only thru pre-booking (09178888438). A must-go place when in Lipa.

19  Thank FranzDet