All reviews vegan food garden villa palmera suite sulu terrace yoga classes spa treatments san benito daily activities coconut milk private pool mango tree no meat world class power walk outdoor shower perfect place south pool
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Quite and secured place to relax. The resort is beautiful and peaceful, we enjoyed our stay in our booked Villa with a private pool. The weather was really bad on the day of our stay still we managed to go around the resort and have some shots. The staff were accommodating and helpful. The only thing I didn’t enjoy is the breakfast, Iam not vegan but have no choice , a survival move. To top it all it was a very good stay. Visited last July 2018.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TheFarmatSanBenito, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Chie2014,

Thank you for visiting The Farm at San Benito! We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your wonderful review and recommendation on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. On behalf of all of us at The Farm, we look forward to seeing you and serving you again with the same world-class service and the warmth of true Filipino hospitality we are committed to delivering to all our guests.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I would like to commend The Farm at San Benito. True to their word their facilities and services are truly unique. The place was clean and very one with nature. The Balinese theme is just fitting to relax the body and spirit. Their staff are well trained, knowing that their guest are there for a health retreat, they have a subtle but caring way of servicing their guest. I give them a 2 thumbs up. we would surely love to go back..never would I have imagine that organic food would great. Keep it up!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear lioncitycouple,

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful peaceful resort with great service. Loved the traditional spa which was one of the best I’ve visited in Asia, didn’t try the aqua spa I felt the single treatments were overpriced and the package though reasonably priced was too long at 3hours for water treatments. Don’t miss the yoga and meditation classes which are a great way to start each morning. The restaurant is only vegan, I’m not vegan but the food was good so wasn’t an issue. The whole resort feels peaceful and private with none of the pool areas being busy during my stay. Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear sir,

Reviewed 5 August 2018

As a former travel writer who has professionally evaluated "wellness" retreats elsewhere, my expectations are very high. I am happy to say that The Farm mostly exceeds them. Fitness and yoga/tai chi classes are superb, with top-notch instructors -- a big improvement over the previous offerings at The Farm years ago. The only bad part is that classes sometimes overlap, so you have to choose. (Make them sequential, please! with yoga/relaxation coming AFTER strenuous workouts so we don't have to jump up from the shivasana position to run to hard core circuit training!)
The landscaping/grounds and roaming peacocks are spectacular, and the villas (we had Palmera glass) are lovely, with screens and a ceiling fan so that you don't have to keep the air-con going. The pool areas and spa treatments are great.
There could be some protein improvement in the food, however. As a sometimes vegetarian, I am conscious of protein as well as taste -- and there are too few protein options on the menu. No beans or lentils, no hummus, no seitan or tempeh, too little tofu or quinoa. I'm fine with vegan, but we still need protein! Taste is mostly very good -- the salad rolls and the pasta carbonara were the best meals I found. But the only source of protein in them is from nutty sauce, which is dietarily insufficient. Please, Romi and Chef Francis, look at all your main dishes and salads and see where you can add protein: chickpeas, kidney beans, soy beans, lentils, or seitan, tempeh, more nuts, more quinoa, more tofu choices. Can you do more with tofu than "steak" or deep frying it into a cutlet? How about adding it to main dishes like vegetable curry (it's wholly unsatisfying to have simply vegetables in coconut milk), or to fried noodles or your vegetable soups, to more than just one green salad? How about simply offering a choice of "add tofu for 100 pesos" (or beans, or seitan, or any protein) to everything? If we leave with a protein deficit, as I did, we are going to feel unhealthy no matter how wonderful the rest of our time at The Farm has made us feel. The Farm would be Excellent with just this one improvement. For inspiration, there are soooo many online recipes for healthy vegan salads and meals packed full of protein, and Buddhist Chinese recipes can help, too. I do urge a serious investigation of how to combine the ingredients that are already on the menu in much healthier (and profitable for you) ways, and adding the other vegan-friendly proteins I suggest to the menu. I hope to see all the improvements when I return! :-)

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank star33p

Dear star33p,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Farm at San Benito. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Rest assured we will also relay your feedback to our Chef.

We hope to have conveyed the sincerity of our concern for your situation in a much better approach. Trust that it is our utmost commitment to provide you and all our guests the best experience possible and continue to work hard to ensure that guest expectations are met every time. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This isn’t really a review since we never got to go in but bear with me. . .

We went there from MManila to inquire and check out their facilities for our group of about 60 pax on July 30, 2018, 12:15 pm. At the gate, the guard on duty called in to inform the people inside of our wish and came back stating “Hindi kayo makakapasok kasi BUSY lahat sila.” (You can’t go in because they’re all BUSY). I felt it was perhaps the most insulting thing one could say to a prospective client. They could not be bothered to attend prospective clients. If they said that everyone was at lunch or something like that we would have waited.

We asked him to call again and clarify, (even to talk to the person in charge,) and he came back with a pamphlet with the same answer. We were not allowed inside. Since we were human beings and not animals, we were deeply insulted for being turned away like animals. So we left and shook the dust of their place off our feet, so to speak.

While in our vehicle we called the number on the pamphlet and told them of our experience. The person on the other line apologised and offered discounts, free stay, free etc. I was further insulted by this since all we wanted was to be received like human beings. We didn’t want freebies. At that point we didn’t want anything to do with them.

A person named Jennifer called 15 minutes later, apologised, offered freebies, etc., and said they would conduct an investigation. Thanks but no thanks.

Trip type: Traveled on business