The Farm at San Benito
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$40
US$70
US$58
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspalmera suitevegan foodsulu terracegarden villaspa treatmentsyoga classessan benitodaily activitiescoconut milkmango treeno meatworld classpower walkperfect placeoutdoor showerwellness retreatprivate pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful property worth the money considering the environment- Think of it as an exclusive resort with hospital and spa features- so you can get a colonic but instead of using uninspired hospital facilities you get immersed in a relaxing environment and lovely scenery, attended to by medical doctors, then you can get a massage after. You also get to avoid a lot of people, and join a Yoga class as small as 2 ppl, right by a lagoon with a view of the mountain and some random peacocks. When the receptionist asks if you are celebrating anything special, the answer is always YES! We got bumped up to 2 Villa classes and were completely spoiled! We will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
VeganRules, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Dear Maropian,

Healthy greetings from The Farm at San Benito!

I appreciate your wonderful feedback about our resort. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for recommending us as a “beautiful property worth the money”. We always take pride in catering to our guests’ every need the best way we can. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

This trip was checking off an item
from my bucket list. I've always wanted to try a Wellness Spa trip & the Farm gave me that and MORE. First off, I couldn't believe that the Philippines/Batangas has a world class wellness spa. Sure, you read about it but to see it is something else. It's got a similar feel as La Mirage in Ecuador (for garden & peacocks), Strawberry Hill, Geejam, Goldeneye, Jake's, The Caves, in Jamaica but The Farm is so much more because it has a spa, excellent vegan food, all day healthy activities PLUS Doctors, holistic treatments in a beautiful treehouse feeling building. I was a tad bit worried that we wouldn't be comfortable, and for me vacation means beach, but I didn't need to worry. Super comfortable, and the pools are so nice, you don't need a beach. The Farm is ultimate barefoot luxury type of place. Hands down one of the best, if not the best place we've ever stayed at.

I tried as many activities as I could fit in (my first Yoga & Tai Chi classes), swam and power walked in the pool sometimes 4x a day, went for massage treatments, acupuncture (also a first) & the whole family consulted with a Doctor. Even if her treatment suggestions work for only one of us, this trip is priceless. But I think all of us will benefit health-wise. I've lost 2 kilos and hope to lose 15 more. I'm positive the tips I learned will finally help.

I will always store peaceful memories of great Yoga views, peacocks dropping in during Tai Chi classes, sounds of water flowing while enjoying all three pools, so much green, and my kids having fun exploring the grounds. Our kids had as much fun as we had just chilling and exploring.

I am so grateful to have experienced staying here, and wish I could come back once a month. :-). Hey maybe if we eat vegan at home we can swing staying once a month here.

Pink light and blessings to everyone at The Farm. Thank you for what you do, and hope to see you again soon!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear luvinarlington,

Healthy greetings from The farm at San Benito!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Wonderful to hear that your overall experience during your recent stay at The Farm was “beyond” expectation. It also feels great to know how much you enjoyed our treatments, services, and Vegan cuisine since that is exactly what we commit to provide for you and all our guests. More importantly, we are glad that you found our resort “one of the best, if not the best place you’ve ever stayed at.” We are definitely looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

The farm at San Benito is amazing my wife and I loved it so much we are purchasing memberships at the the farm to get the discounts for long stays.

From morning walks around the resort to private yoga sessions with a yogi. It sets the environment for great wellness.

I highly recommend the medical clinics. Real treat to be able to have these treatments in this comfortable environment.

The spa is also fantastic just be careful with the cupping massage as that left a mark on my wife's back.

The food is a vegan paradise. My favorite meal is breakfast. You don't even realize it's completely vegan and super healthy.

Next time I will try the juice cleanse.

Truly a treat to stay at this fantastic resort.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
VeganRules, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear Rajan U,

Healthy greetings from The Farm at San Benito!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Wonderful to hear that your overall experience during your recent stay at The Farm was amazing and relaxing. It feels so great to know how much you enjoyed our treatments, services, and Vegan cuisine since that is exactly what we commit to provide for you and all our guests.

You mentioned that you’re interested in our Membership program. Kindly provide us your contact details or alternatively, you may get in touch with us via email info@thefarm.com.ph and we will be happy to assist and provide you with all the necessary details regarding this. We are definitely looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

Property is in a lush forest - makes for great nature walks and runs. Pools are juicy because of the lush forest surrounding you. Rooms are nice - love the fresh coconut scrub and soap they give you! Facilities are well maintained. Most people complain about the food since it's too healthy, but I liked it.

Really good value for money. Worth it.

You don't need to go here just to detox. You can go to the resort to relax and still eat well! That's what I did, and I had an amazing time.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
VeganRules, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Dear AsiaAroundtheworld,

Healthy greetings from The Farm at San Benito!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Great to hear that your overall experience during your recent stay at The Farm was “amazing” and that you recommended our property as “really good value for money and worth it”. It is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay since that is exactly what we commit to provide for you and all our guests. We are definitely looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

You can't fault The Farm for a beautiful setting and lovely accommodation. BUT a retreat for relaxation that that promises tranquillity seems at odds with its surroundings.

During my four day stay twice I was kept awake / woken up by very loud 'local' noise. I highlighted how disturbing it was to the staff on three separate occasions and was simply met with an awkward smile. The staff are lovely but not well equipped to deal with problems. I asked if they had ear plugs (which they provided) but then charged me for them !

While I appreciate they have limited control over noise beyond The Farm, ultimately it's their responsibility to ensure their guests have an enjoyable stay that lives up to being a true Wellness retreat - and on this occasion, unfortunately, my visit was severely disrupted by extensive nightly noise which is particularly frustrating when you consider the extensive premium you pay to visit The Farm

Room Tip: Avoid Sulu Terraces - maybe other rooms are more peaceful...
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank gemma s
VeganRules, General Manager at The Farm at San Benito, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear gemma s,

Healthy greetings from The Farm at San Benito!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, specifically, with regard to the noise coming from two consecutive events held in local neighboring towns near our property during your visit.

Although this incident is totally beyond our control, we hope to have conveyed the sincerity of our concern for your situation in a much better approach. Trust that it is our utmost commitment to provide you and all our guests the best experience possible and continue to work hard to ensure that guest expectations are to be met during each stay. Thank you again for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention and we hope to see you again in the future.