US$181
Official Site
The Sun Inn(Pooley Bridge)
US$115
Pooley Bridge Inn(Pooley Bridge)
US$228
Free cancellation until 08/03
US$97
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$187
US$169
US$86
PremierInn.com
US$136
All reviewsafternoon teagarden roomthe main hotelamuse bouchefamous sticky toffee puddingstunning viewsscallopsper headoverlooking the lakefabulous hotellunch menuspecial occasionthe main dining roomfabulous foodherdwick lambpre desserttea cakes
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife purchased a lunch gift voucher (for 2) for my 2017 Christmas Present. Having very occasionally enjoying meals at Sharrow Bay for 25 years I was looking forward for my lunch. (Three course Sharrow through the Ages for Two). Unfortunately this meal was very average and I would describe it as competent pub fayre. Not what I was expecting. In the days of Francis Coulson & Brian Slack eating at Sharrow Bay was a "wow" experience. No longer. Disappointing.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight on this occasion.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I booked this 3 months ago for my husbands 65th bday. On our arrival after a 4 1/2 journey we were pleasantly surprised with both the location and main hotel. We were then directed to our room which was a very good size and quite lovely with wonderful views. We were fortunate enough during our 3 night stay to eat all our meals in the main restaurant which was quite simply a wonderful dining experience and every meal did not disappoint. The staff were absolutely so very attentive and extremely friendly with a lovely sense of humour. For March we were also blessed with fab weather so took advantage of the numerous walks around the area. Our one complaint is that we had to leave!!! Thank you very much Sharrow Bay, we hope to return sometime in the very near future.

Room Tip: For best views main hotel and even though the gatehouse is some 400 yards away there is a shuttle service.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Milo O
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Went for afternoon tea which did not disappoint and was everything we expected it to be. Didn't expect the fabulous, magical views from the Hotel over the Lake.
Worth the journey every time!
Everything was carried out efficiently and without fuss: we are not top line politicians or high flying business people but we were treated warmly and with friendliness.
The food was well presented and every item was well prepared and cooked.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike8548
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We was quite impressed when we arrived at sharrow lodge , nice looking hotel right on the lake we was then show the lounge overlooking the lake and the big open fire , then told oh your not staying here your lodge is about a quarter of a mile away and not near the lake , radiator made a noise most of the night , not a good night's sleep , taster meal was 97.50 per person and if you want wine tasting with it that was an extra 65.00 per person on top ridiculous when round the corner we had a lovely meal and 2 drinks for 15.00 in the sun ,

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
17  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Knowing the excellent reputation of the hotel I booked afternoon tea for my other half to celebrate his birthday. The staff were very attentive and had positioned us at a table just off the main dining room. The blind was drawn over the window and was raised as we sat down, to reveal the breathtaking view across the lake towards Helvellyn. Afternoon Tea was a delight, the presentation, a birthday card, the food, a real experience, especially when I received a proposal which I was not expecting! The afternoon couldn’t have been more perfect, the staff took the time to write a card to congratulate us and brought champagne, a special memory which will stay with me forever. I’m so glad it happened at The Sharrow Bay! Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Llysandra
Ivan S, General Manager at Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear Llysandra

I'm so pleased that everything went so very well for you during your visit. We hope you are back with us very soon!

Ivan