All reviews wifi worked well mercure lyon racks motorway village
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in, and I stay in hotels every week... unfortunately the photos and description didn’t match the rooms which were very tired and need of redecorating. Paint peeling off the bathroom ceiling, cobwebs round the curtains, no pugs or usb points by the bed, stains on the carpet.... I could go on.
Food was terrible all beige everything... and mainly cold when it arrive my rare ordered steak was totally well done and mainly fat.

On the last night the fire alarm went off which resulted in chaos with the night porter being totally out of his depth with the situation, thank god there was no fire...
I had to ask repeatedly for a new room key as with it being 4am and the fire alarm going off I left my room without it. When he eventually acknowledge my request I was shouted at in French and told I was unintelligent for coming without my key..!!
When I complained in the morning all they had to say was “he was stressed”..!!

Terrible hotel, don’t bother booking it, on my next visit I will stay in Lyon city centre...

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

After a professional but warm welcome at the reception desk we had unfortunately a bitter experience in the hotel bistro. We sat down at a desk and discovered, that the service staff ingnored us, even though they could see us. After 15+ minutes I went to the bar counter and ordered some drinks directly there. Here they couldn't ignore me. They served the drinks some minutes later at our desk.
And now the question to you, readers => have we been asked by the staff for more drinks or a meal after a while ? Yes or No ? Of course not !!! The French guests at the other desks have been asked and the staff looked really after them - but again they fully ignored us, obviously because didn't talk French. We were German and English speaking foreigners, which is obviously a problem for a French service team.
Consequently my special thanks go to the management of Mercure Lyon L'Isle d'Abeau. Thank you for this interesting evening in your bistro. You will definitely not see me again as a guest.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Xavier L, Manager at Mercure Lyon L'Isle d'Abeau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Lyon l'Isle d'Abeau.

It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback. We do the necessary with our staff to perform theirs services.

Jacquin Sandrine - Front manager

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Stayed for five nights recently in May. The Mercure borders on a budget type rather than the proclaimed 4 star. Plastic beakers, plastic cups and unresponsive to requests.

The room was cold and it took three requests before they finally provided us with a portable heater. Apparently the heating was turned off because there had been a warm spell but when the temperature dropped by 20 degrees, the heating was not turned on.

We ate at the only restaurant that was open (due to public holiday) and the food choice and quality was poor. Tuna pasta had no tuna! We did bring this to the waiter's attention but nothing was done.

Leisure facilities looked good but we were not able to use.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Xavier L, Front Office Manager at Mercure Lyon L'Isle d'Abeau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Lyon l'Isle d'Abeau. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies.

We appreciate you shared your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sandrine Jacquin
Front Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights in one of the single-room apartments out the back of the hotel. The room was small and the apartments aren't too welcoming, however that said the bathroom had been recently refurbished and everything was clean.

The staff were friendly and the food was nice, the breakfast was the normal sort of fare. The hotel is located very conveniently, so I can see myself returning - just hopefully in the main hotel next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com