“The best beach on the west coast & my wedding chapel”
Review of Rialto Beach

Rialto Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific coast beach.
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The first time I visited Rialto beach, on a camping tour of the amazing Olympic Peninsula, I wanted to walk through the famed 'hole in the wall'.

and...

I saw beached trees the length of city busses.

I saw massive ocean carved sea stacks jutting up like gigantic stalagmites on the shoreline.

I saw spectacular green mountains of fir and cedar spilling down to the sliver sand beach.

I saw otters and eagles playing in their sea-side wonderland home that they let me share.

I forded the frigid and fast Ellen Creek.

I explored tidal pools filled with orange and red starfish, crabs and anemones.

I passed through the hole in the wall - a portal into unspoiled northwestern wilderness beachscapes.

I came back, and came back again and married my wife on this sacred natural wonderland space that we share with Native Americans and our brethren citizens.

My wedding chapel will never be torn down, will never dilapidate and will always remind me to be humbled and awed by the natural gifts of our great planet. Namaste.

6  Thank theSwurleys
in 6 reviews
"olympic peninsula"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Rialto Beach is one of my favorite beaches in the world. It is so beautiful. It also has a magic about it. There is lots of bird wild life to see, no matter what time of year you go. Do miss this is you're visiting the Olympic Peninsula.

4  Thank Alec D
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I took the recommendation of the park ranger at the entrance to the park, and made the drive to Rialto Beach for the sunset. It was extremely tranquil, and was absolutely breathtakingly beauitful. I had the beach alone to myself, and watched the sun set with the crashing waves of the Pacific. The black sand beach, the rocks in the ocean, and the elevations behind me were an amazing experience. I would highly recommend this stop for anybody that is in the vicinity

4  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Good place for a beach walk or picnic. Really intense beach. Good walking. Fabulous intense ocean. Go.

1  Thank Helen R