“An amazing place”
Review of Rialto Beach

Rialto Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Pacific coast beach.
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This long beach has stunning views. The huge amount of drift wood on the beach adds to the beauty. There are restrooms & picnic tables in the parking lot. There are hiking trails in the woods or you can just stroll the beach. This is one of the most scenic beaches I have ever seen.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"the pacific ocean"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I managed to get to Rialto Beach just before sunset to do the hike back to the Hole in the Wall (close to 2 miles down the beach.) It wasn’t low tide at the time, but was just an hour or so away from the lowest point, so I was safe.

The views were spectacular, and the tidal pools at the Hole in the Wall were fun to wander around.

Tips: check the tide tables. If you’re there when the tide is coming in, you could be in serious trouble and get stranded. Even at near low tide, I ended up soaking wet from a rogue wave. Bring a flashlight if you’re back there to watch the sunset. The beach gets pretty dark once that sun sets!

Also, bring an extra pair of shoes: you will have to ford the small Ellen Creek along the way, and if there is water flowing, your feet will be wet and cold.

Definitely worth the long hike back!

1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Such a beautiful beach, especially in the morning light! We arrived at about 9:30 am (1.5 hours after a 0.0 low tide) and the sun was just starting to come over the tops of the trees. Walked down to the Hole in the Wall and spent about 15 minutes there - by the time we left at 10:15 or so, the tide was almost high enough to cover the entrance.

The walking on this beach was easy - mostly hard packed sand with some areas of pebbles. At one point there was a little creek to cross; those with rainboots on just waded through it while we had to climb up over a big pile of driftwood. Very little to be found in the way of tidepooling on the day we were there, except for beautiful sea anemones in the pools at the Hole in the Wall.

1  Thank vagabond_dreams
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We were there in mid September. It was raining. It was overcast. We didn't care. There was something so magical, rugged, beautiful about this beach. The waves were crashing. The forest next to the beach was worn with weathered trees and large pieces of weathered driftwood. Beautiful rocks everywhere. We stayed for an hour and didn't mind the rain. It was so beautiful in the rain. I only wish we could have seen it in the sunshine. I bet it's a different type of beauty. Sea stacks in the distance. Very nice bathrooms. Definitely a must stop.

1  Thank Wanda R
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

After reading many TA forms and with the help of the experts we decided to make Rialto the beach stop for us. It was a good stop after visiting the Hoh Ria forest before heading bank to Port Angeles. We arrived before sunset. The parking was easy. Did not have to walk much to experience what was around the other side. I was thrilled! Beautiful majestic logs & trees resting on the shore lines. The beach is mostly flat pebbles I did not have problems walking and I usually do! I loved all the picture opportunities that this beach offered. It was king of foggy as the sun set but so mystical! Met several nice tourist that were combing the beach for great rocks like myself. We build zen towers together for good luck and shared the sunset! Staying an hour or so but did not want to leave. See my pictures! It was a long 2 hour drive back to our hotel and it was no hassle and very safe considering it was late.