“Very good lunch”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Bransgore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Crown in Bransgore is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice Sunday lunch with our family the service was good and the food was very good,we had starters,mains,sweets, and all was very good

General Manager A, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I'm pleased you had a great time with us and I will share these comments with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Matt b

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely traditional ambience, good value, friendly and efficient service but most impressive were the pies. Wednesday is 'pie day' and if you're a pie lover like me then there's plenty of succulent, tasty pies to choose from. Well filled, golden pastry top, and very very tasty.
Served with an assortment of fresh veg and superb choice of mash potato.
Pie Man's dream! - definitely be back to try out other items on the menu (and the pies!)

General Manager A, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.

We are delighted you enjoyed our Wednesday pie day and hopefully you will be back again soon so try out a differnt pie.

Samantha
Team Crown

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here and sadly the food lacked any kind of quality! Especially the carrots, one dinner had burnt carrots and one had rotten carrots! Fail to report any positives sorry! Whilst writing this review the waitress has also just dropped someone’s dinner all over me! AVOID!!

Helen P, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We would like to turn your experience around and invite you to call us on 01425 672279 so that we can discuss the matter further.

We apologise if any food from the dropped meal did fall on you, as accidents do unfortunately happen. I understand that the duty manager and waitress cleared the floor around your area, but they were unaware that some of the food was on your clothes. If you had made the staff aware of this unfortunate incident, we of course would have assisted.

Look forward to hearing from you
Samantha Parris
Team Crown

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited for dinner & drinks, on a Monday, a couple of hours before their quiz night. The place was very quiet, and we settled down right in front of the fireplace. We opted for their 2 courses for £14.95 (give or take a penny) and a round of drinks.

The courses were served very quickly, and were delicious, especially their Diablo pizza choice. Chips were tasty too. We were stuffed by the end of it.

The Crown felt very cosy, and we took delight in looking at the wall of old literature they'd accumulated. If we could have stayed longer, we would have. Well played.

General Manager A, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Crown, Bransgore.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Samantha

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch today, ordered our drinks and were presented with the main menu and a specials menu. We decided to go for burgers, a safe bet we thought. The pub manager brought us the food and offered us sauces. Unfortunately both burgers, Wagu and the Aberdeen Angus were both overdone and therefore quite dry. We opted for barbecue, Dijon mustard and sweet chilli sauce. The only one I liked was the Dijon mustard. When we settled the bill, I asked to speak to the manager. I told him that I was not complaining but hoped the next time I was ordering burgers, they would not be so dry. He told me they get the burgers as they are sent, I clarified it was not the quality I was discussing but the manner in which they were cooked. I was told they follow the strict rules of the Vintage Inns, was to cook the burgers to a minimum of 75 degrees, he added that in the Crown they cook burgers to about 85 degrees. I was told to request them to be cooked near the 75 degrees as set by the company, in future. I do hope to visit the Crown Inn again, and certainly hope my burger will be more moist and not as dry as today's. This pub is nicely presented and has a cosy and informal feel, it allows dogs in, but only in certain parts, I am allergic to animal fur, so I can safely sit where dogs don't go.

General Manager A, Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi again. As i said in house on on Facebook, that is not the point I was making. Food must be cooked to 75 degrees but of course food goes over that threshold. Perhaps next time you should choose something like a steak as we do not have to temperature control them

Ben