All reviews kuromon market great location dotonbori street min walk food paradise room size is small room was clean morning buffet typical size subway station airport shuttle communicate in english cost yen open the window strategic location conditioner and body wash the wi fi
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Location of the hotel is excellent. Walking distance to Dotonbori, Nippombashi subway station (approx. 2 to 3 mins walks to both). Room quite sizable enough for the four of us (2 adults & 2 small children) considering this is in Japan.
Need not worry about food or supplies as 7-E & Family Mart are in nearly every corner.
Totally recommended to those planning to stay here in Osaka.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stayed at Hotel Sunroute @ Osaka Namba this past August. The hotel is in okay condition. The room is very small even though we have a superior twin room. The bathroom is very small too and dated. I have to used Q-tips to clean the dusts off the vent because it was not clean properly We stayed on 7th floor non-smoking room. Due to summer heat, we can't open the shades or sliding window board because it was so hot. I wouldn't open it any way since our window was facing a back alley of several buildings. So no view at all. The check-in process was short and smooth. We stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is right next to Dotombori so the location was pretty good. If you need suggestion or direction of other areas in Osaka or outside of Osaka, then I wouldn't even bother to asking the hotel staff. Either they didn't give me the right direction or they will say they don't know. There was a table in the lobby that you can get travel information but the staff would not recommend or comment on those information if you have questions. I would say reception staff are not very helpful. They are only there for check-in. You can check yourself out at the end at their kiosk. One thing I was not happy was the reception staff misled me about there will be a staff on site when you do early check-out. I needed a taxi early in the morning to go to namba station to catch the train to go to the airport and the night before I check-out I asked the staff if they can help me to call a taxi. They said, someone will be on site when I check out in the morning. The person can help you. Of course, there was no such thing. There were no one at the desk and I end up check myself out at their automate kiosk. I managed to get a taxi myself but the driver took us to the other end of the train station so all of us to drag our luggage in the rain to catch the train.

Beside location was good for this hotel. I have nothing really good to say. This is just an average hotel if you just want a bed to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Let me explain my experience; I had Room 912 for two nights and always take photos for Trip Advisor to assess the accommodation. They show a dirty carpet and a panel falling off behind the toilet seat, evidence of inadequate carpet cleaning and poor maintenance. I, like another reviewer, had to endure an unpleasant odor coming from the bathroom. It was quite sickening and seemed to emanate from the drain. You might expect one such problem in a 3 star hotel, but not three

The towels are thin and it is hard to get dried after a shower. Inside the hotel was very noisy with poor soundproofing, and I noticed some loud drunken men on my floor. There is more I could add, but suffice to say the hotel is overpriced and urgently needing attention.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

5min walk from Nippombashi Station and Dotonbori street. Everything was very accessible including 711 and Familymart. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They even allowed us to change our booking dates in their front desk. We booked through Agoda (pay in the hotel), but we made a mistake and booked 1 extra day. They also had a robot in the lobby to ask for directions and places to go to. Compared to the other hotels in Japan, this is one reasonable for the price.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Booked hotel through hotels.com and requested for a change in dates after booking was confirmed. Hotels.com confirmed that this hotel allowed a date change to get back to them when the dates have been decided. The dates has been decided but this hotel went back on their word about allowing a modification on the dates. They have made a promise that they never intend to keep. Nice reputation. Think twice if you want to book with them.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family