All reviews bic camera perfect location red roof underground shopping street convenience store hotel entrance window view booked a double room your doorstep premium room multiple subway lines food places free snacks rooms are modern nice shower surrounded by restaurants shower room
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We had a small double room on the ninth floor. It was quite a bit smaller as compared to the pictures. The bed was decent, not too wide (semi twin bed). We had no bat, but the shower was nice. There were loads of free amenities (fresh coffee downstairs, coffee and tea, toiletries). Our room unfortunately had no view, and was located right behind a heating, ventilation, or cooling installation (which had been placed on a rooftop of the lower level floor). Its windy sound was a bit annoying. The location of the hotel was good, close to the tube (5min) and underground walkway to the JR Namba (15min). Staff spoke a little English.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
RedRoofPlusON, Reception at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay our hotel.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed visiting Osaka. However, we apologize for your unfortunate experience because of the location of your room. If you tell your request before check in date, we really would like to arrange your room as you requested as much as we can. We hope we will see you again someday.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I original booked this hotel for celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary in Osaka from October 17-20,2018 from Agoda. My booking was premium twin room. My son told me that he can join my trip during that period then I went to Agoda and Expedia try to switch the room type to standard triple room but no room was available. I contact Red Roof Plus and ask the staff and she said they have triple room available and that triple room was their last room if I want to rebook I have to pay 4000 Yen per night and total will be 12,000 Yen at the front desk upon arrival. I said ok confirm with them and asked the the total cost of the triple room and the answer was they did not know my deal with Agoda and I just need to pay 12,000 Yen. She didn’t say if I switch to other room type, they will going to charge me more. I want them to send me confirmation for triple room, they didn’t send anything and still the premium twin room on my booking. I called Agoda and talk to the staff because I pay for premium room and Red Roof offer standard triple room and I have to pay extra therefore I switch my room to standard double and I notified Red Roof Plus by phone and online of my new reservation number. I received back 2 welcome messages from them but the 3rd message I received from the same staff called Jeon said I have to pay 80,000 Yen per night and the total will be 24,000 Yen, I was very upset regarding to this because she didn’t mention anything before and I ask her few times for the total cost, her answer was the same and she said I don’t know the deal between Agoda and me. I called the hotel directly and the manager kept saying I have to paid 24,000 Yen. I cancel my booking and I never will go back to Red Roof Plus Osaka again!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
RedRoofPlusON, 広報担当マネージャー at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you very much for your time to leave your comment and please accept our sincere apology for the confusion. We are sharing this among our team so that we can address the same issue with our future guests. Here please excuse us to explain again what we wanted to tell you about the additional cost to switch the room type to Triple. Originally the room type you gave us was for Premium Twin room, so the price difference between Triple room is 4,000 JPY/night. However, you cancelled this reservation and reserved new one for Standard Double room, so then the price difference increased to 8,000 JPY/night as Standard Double room is cheaper than Premium Twin room. This is exact what we wanted to tell you via email and on the phone. We feel very sorry for making you disappointed so we promise now to place more importance especially on how we explain about prices as to feel the same as our precious guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Red Roof.

Warmest regards,

Bamba

Reviewed 3 August 2018

The strength of the hotel is definitely the location. It is very close to Dotonbori and Namba. There are lot of shops around (as well as in the underground!) so you will never be bored or starved.

The hotel is a boutique hotel and is quite newly and stylish furbished. The only drawback, like most japanese hotels, is the size of the room. I could barely open the 2nd suitcase without blocking the corridor or the "sitting area"

The toilet, though a bit small, serves the purpose with powerful shower and plenty of hot water. Air conditioning was powerful enough during the heat wave in Kansai in July.

Room Tip: Don't expect any view from this hotel, u have a choice of the noisy main road or the backyard
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vince_HK
RedRoofPlusON, Reception at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Your positive comments will surely be a great source of motivation for all of our staff, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We stay in this hotel for 6 days back in April. The hotel is new but not to big. The Location is very good. In the middle of the market. Food and shopping is only a few steps away.
We stay in the raining season, only a few steps we can go to underground shopping that will lead u to the train station. If you like the busyness of Osaka this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
RedRoofPlusON, Reception. at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel. We are very glad to hear your feed back.
The best season to visit Osaka is summer or autumn, because you can see many traditional events. If there will be an opportunity to come to Japan next time, please visit our hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Not the easiest place to get to from the airport (but we did the train, bus would be easier) but it is a perfect spot to base yourself in Osaka. 3 different rail/subway lines at your door, underground shopping tunnels leading to all quickly & easily, the food markets, Dotonbori all at your doorstep, Starbucks for coffee just downstairs. The laundry facilities were very handy, staff all lovely and the hotel is relatively new so everything immaculate. The beds were a great size and soft which is rare in Japan and the room size was also probably a bit bigger than usual in the Premium rooms. We had a great week based at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank MrsLatts
RedRoofPlusON, Reception at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying at Red Roof Plus Osaka Namba. We hope to welcome you again in the nearest future for another pleasant stay.