“Fun karaoke here”

Moonshine Karaoke Bar
Ranked #69 of 8,858 Restaurants in Chuo
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Description: Moonshine is an international karaoke bar found in the heart of Osaka. On any given night you can find a mix of expats, travellers, world roamers, and Japanese singing their hearts out to all different styles of music. We have a wide selection of alcohols and beers including many that are made only in Osaka! We have Japanese and English speaking staff. You can sing karaoke in English/Japanese/Korean and a few other languages for select songs. We are open 7 days a week and are ready for a party any night of the week. You can make a reservation or just show up ready to drink and have fun! Because we support local businesses we also suggest that after paying us a visit you can find the following bars: Mustang, Moontower, and Space Station all within one block.
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Went with my wife on a Tuesday to find a nice place to unwind. Place did not disappoint. Friendly crowd with good taste in music. Does not matter if you cannot sing. Would definitely come back next time I am in Osaka.

Date of visit: November 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Yeah! Singing ability doesn't matter, just only the willingness to have fun (which we like to do). You also welcome back anytime you are ready for anything adventure! Thanks for taking the time to write about us!

Write a reviewReviews (79)

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Ended up here after spending time at nearby Space Station (also awesome). Excellent cocktails & staff (go Rachel!), and people from all over having a great time. Permanently on my list of places to party/chill in Osaka. 11/10 would Moonshine again. And again.

Date of visit: November 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Rachel maybe be short in height, but she makes it up by being super fun! Good you enjoyed your time in Moonshine! Cheers to next time!

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed this bar, best bar in Osaka as far as we're concerned! Drinks were a little more but you're paying for the fantastic karaoke experience! Brian was a great host! Highly recommended!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

HEY! (all caps hey!) Thanks for the review and I am glad you took the time to write it. Morever, glad you had fun at Moonshine singing and more importantly drinking and more importantly singing and drinking and having fun (or something like that). As always (a reminder for others if they like to read my responses), No charge for seats, and no Karaoke charge (not too rare, but definitely rare enough for a first floor karaoke bar in Japan). Hope the rest of your trip was equally as fun!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I was travelling alone and stayed a couple of nights in Osaka. On my second night I came here, since I'm a sucker for karaoke. At first I was a bit intimidated by how few people there were, but the night was young and plenty of people to come.
The drinks were great, the atmosphere was amazing and the people were so fun! The guests ranged for regulars to first timers (like myself). Some stayed only for a short while, whereas others stayed the entire night.
It was overall a really memorable part of my stay and I'll definitely swing by again the next time I'm in Osaka

Date of visit: September 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hey! We had a great night! Thanks for taking the time to write the review. After a few drinks anyone can sing and I think we proved it! Till next time!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Although it was some time ago since my traveling buddy and I came to this little bar, but the memory of shenanigans that night still live on to this day.
With a bartender that can throw an array of delicious drinks time and time again, with the creative yet dangerous gambling and service with a smile.
At first I was quite daunted on walking into an empty bar but as the night went on, it quickly filled into such a broad group of nationalities. American, Australian, Japanese, Finnish, with all these different cultures in one Karaoke bar creates such an atmosphere that really explains what Moonshine really is.

It was such a great time that we returned back for a second night on the way back through Osaka.

Thank you once again!

Date of visit: June 2016
MoonshineOsaka, Owner at Moonshine Karaoke Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Thanks for swinging through more than once! Glad you guys enjoyed the party and added to the atmosphere!