All reviews provide soap the bus first floor kiyomizu dera gion district walking distance shared room bed dorm easy access washing machine nishiki market curtains privacy computers beds toilets sinks
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I went there for 3 nights during September, First time I saw the guest house its nice then me and my friend take the step up to the secod floor, It was surprise me there is a staff there but he say nothing, no even greeting or say HI! I just strange! after i waiting for a while i was informed by another tourist as where i can leave my luggage. But Once i come back after check in time a lady staff was very nice and friendly make me feeling better with this place.

The dorm itself looks okay but seem not so clean, there's bad smell from the floor carpet they should take more serious about this

This place is located in very good location, easy accessa and easy to walk to vist the attractions around, just please take more care about the cleanliness and in dorm area and human contact in your lobby area. the rest is good for this place.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Overall good accommodations: clean bathrooms and a nice common area to meet other guests. The location is right next to the Gion bus stop, which can take you to Kyoto Station or many of the temples and shrines around Kyoto. Highly recommend the 500 yen all-day bus pass for Kyoto.

My only real complaint is the mix-up near the end of my stay. I wanted to spend one extra night, so I spoke to the front desk who told me that it was fine and to just hold onto my key. I was out all day and returned that evening to find my backpack left downstairs and a note saying that I missed checkout and my bed was given away. Long story short, make sure the staff fully understands if your plans change.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I stayed 5 nights in the Santiago Inn, and I loved it. The staff was friendly, the beds comfy (and it gives you more privacy than in other hostels because of its curtains). The rooms were big enough and clean, also the bathrooms were clean.

The "chill-out-room" is next to the reception, and offers a few computers, and different books and guides. Also a fridge and a water boiler are available.

The breakfast is served in a wonderful cafe on the ground floor.
A few minutes away are some supermarkets and conbinis, the bus stop is around the corner, and Higashiyama is in walking distance.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Although the location isn't perfect, Kyoto is a city that has major temples and shrines in every direction. Because of this a more centrally located place would be easier to get around. It was also a 5-7 min walk to the nearest train station. That being said, the amenities were great. Although we stayed in a 12 person dorm it hardly felt like it. The café and bar downstairs was great and had cheap drinks and food.

Plus, they have hire bikes on a first-come-first-serve basis at great rates. I'd consider returning again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

I say 'propor' because it actually attracts international tourists and isn't a spa or capsule place.

My group stayed 3 nights because we loved Kyoto and were just really comfy here. The bunk bed was huge in the dorm and you get a duvet! Food was pretty decent and cheap downstairs.

I managed to do my washing easily using their machines and the reception staff were very helpful in giving advice about sights to see.

Make sure you go drinking with the staff, they made my time there :)

Date of stay: June 2015