“Well worth a visit.”

The Farmers Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Apperley
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Farmers Arms is a lovely country pub in the beautiful Cotswolds. Serving delicious food. Dogs welcome!
Reviewed 24 October 2021

What fantastic little gem!!! Not sure where to start. Fantastic Sunday lunch. It was really outstanding. Quantity, taste & yumminess. Tasted so fresh. Had the beef, it was sirloin, very good indeed. The ambiance is so perfect for a country pub.The staff, extremely pleasant and attentive to your needs. Yes I would return here. Thank you.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (324)

Reviewed 24 October 2021

To round off an amazing romantic weekend away, we managed to find this pub, booking a table was simple and quick, when entering amazing staff welcoming you, ordered 2 beef sunday roasts, came nice and quick, hot and just look amazing, it was the best pub roast I have ever had !!!! Thank you so much rounded off an amazing weekend

Reviewed 23 October 2021

Stopped for an over night stay at the cottage opposite the park so booked a table for the evening. Greeted by a lovely young waitress who shown as to our table, followed by a visit by the landlord himself and the chef who even brought our food over to us. Such a lovely meal and great staff highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

Came here with my family. The food was really nice and the atmosphere was perfect. Made us feel very welcome and helped my wife with her dietary requirements. It was nice to see her eat some differed tasty food for a change. Our waiter ( young man) was very helpful and patient. Will defiantly return.

Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

I have visited this pub several times with friends and family the past few months. I can not fault the food. The duck is amazing and the Korean fries I have no words, the Thai Green curry is a perfect spice, and also the Ramen need I say more, the Sunday roast the meats are succulent and the best roast I have ever had if I may say so. The staff are friendly and attentive and work very hard. I only have one issue and this is I assume the manger an older gentleman who doesn’t seem to respect the staff, on several occasions speaking down to them and aggressively telling them off in front of customers and a busy pub, he waltzes around coming to the table making sure we are ok and apologising for his lack of staff, who I may say are brilliant, and you wouldn’t ever know. I don’t think he should be talking to staff member like this at all and if there is a problem take them somewhere private do not embarrass them, on another note I find it very unprofessional when I see the manager drinking a pint or 2 or 3 then telling the staff off, should he be drinking on shift??

Other than this one issue I love the place 5* to the chefs and waiters

Mel

Date of visit: September 2021
2  Thank Q8775TWmelanier
Jessrvf, Owner at The Farmers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2021

Hi Mel, we are really happy that you love the pub we have turned The Farmers Arms into. We had to start from scratch in some extremely challenging times having collected our keys to the pub during the November 2020 lockdown, refurbishing the pub, being open for just 3 weeks in December and then closed again until 12th April when we reopened as soon as we could during very strict rules. We, as villagers ourselves, wanted to give the village the pub it wanted. The gentleman you mention is my partner, the landlord of the pub, and co-owner of the business. He has worked tirelessly at the pub every day since November 2020. Often staying overnight away from our home to protect the pub-even over Christmas. He has put his heart and soul into that place. He takes no wage or tips and we have put a lot of our own money into the business to try and make it grow during these unprecedented times. The whole world is understaffed at the moment and we hugely value the staff who work alongside us. We pay above minimum wage and 100 percent of the tips get shared fairly across front and back of house. We do occasionally have a few pints with our friends in our pub but obviously neither of us are ever ‘off duty’ if we are there. If he came across as gruff then it’s only because he wants the absolute best for our customers. Sorry if that upset you. I hope he never sees this review as he’d be devastated.
Reviews like this are demoralising and disheartening, especially for such a young business whilst we are still learning and trying to find our feet. It may have been better to air a complaint of this type in a private email rather than on a global review site.
Please be kind and consider removing/rewording this review.