See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The place has some positive features such as the size of rooms, peaceful gardens, nice pool and the option for a variety of massage treatments. However the overall level of service was poor, with blood stains on 'clean' bedsheets topping it off. I'm not sure how this is rated so highly given our very poor experience. Do not stay here until it has been completed and the service improved

Date of stay: April 2017
4  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay here for a week in the end of january. We were looking for a relaxing place near the beaches for our first week of our trip and this was a perfect choise for us.

You could hear birds sing and see other wild animals go around the area (monkeys, peacocks, iguanas) which made the atmosphere very cozy compared quite busy mirissa beach area with a hectic road and beach bars. Only couple minutes tuktuk ride from all that if you wanted to go to the beach.

As it appeared up being a bit rainy for the beginning of the week, we ended up trying ayurveda treatments for four days (3h each day) which was perfect. The rainy weather didnt bother at all and we felt that it gave a perfect start for our journy in Sri Lanka. The doctor was really friendly and helpful and seemed to know what he was doing. The two therapists who actually gave the treatments were great as well even though didnt communicate as well with english as the doctor. Despite that everything was understood with the greatest smiles.

Overall this was a very pleasent stay and would recommend for everybody especially if you are looking for something more intimate (there was 4 rooms in total) and quiet place in Mirissa and/or you are interested in ayurveda.

There is also a new pool area constructed which opened day before we arrived, which was nice if you didnt want to go to the beach but still wanted to swim a little.

You could also eat dinner at the resort that was possible as well, if you let the staff know early enough (day before or in the morning). Breakfast was included and you could ask for sri lankan option too.

Our room was clean and would be cleaned everyday if you wanted to and we felt that the staff would help us in everything if asked.

Note for arriving and finding the place: It is a bit hidden in the "jungle" but the local tuktuk drivers should know the place by name. We arrived here straight from Colombo airport by taxi which made it a bit hard to find as the driver wasnt a local. But as we arrived to Mirissa, our driver asked for route from people by the street, we found the destination by no time.

Hopefully you will have as pleasant stay as we did!

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank jittam
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We booked three nights at this lovely place. It's located a little outside of Mirissas's center out in the bush, but only a short tuk-tuk ride from the beach (expect to pay around 300 rupees). Upon arrival we were greeted by the very friendly and charming owners. Room is nice and clean and the property has a wonderful pool within the walls. Breakfast is rich and good with both toast and plenty of Sri Lankan food.

We also tried traditional Ayurvedic massage which was a new and great experience and a little different from the average you normally get.

I absolutely recommend a stay here, you will relax and get away from all the hustle and buzzle.

If you need a bar, dinner etc you will need to get into town but they happily arrange a tuk-tuk for you.

The staff truly makes this place.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank ElinJ228
Reviewed 10 February 2017

One of the best Ayurvedic clinic I must say. We stayed there for two days and it was amzing and food was very lovely and homely. We would recommend you stay there whilst receiving treatment. Staff is very friendly and I love their cottages.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SKY T
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife visited this Ayurvedic clinic where we received a consultation from thee Ayurvedic doctor called Seth. We came solely to receive treatment and slept elsewhere at night as we had already booked accommodation elsewhere; we didn't realise we could stay there also. We would recommend you stay there whilst receiving treatment.

With regards to the treatment:
I am 34 year old man who runs a business in York, England which requires a lot of blood sweat and tear and has given quote a lot of stress over the years. I also struggle with IBS (irritable bowl syndrome) which badly affects my sleep. So I am usually quite tired. I was noticing my heart was beating in a manner that didn't feel right; my father died of a heart attack at 55.
I have been to see doctors in the NHS and was dismissed each time and not given any solutions that would actually tackle the cause of my issues. They simply didn't have answer nor did they really take me seriously.

We had read the reviews on TripAdvisor about this place and thought we would seek treatment here. We only had time for 3 days but it was enough to make a real difference. I felt like I was 22 or 23 again! I don't just feel healthier, but I feel happier too. My wife said she felt she had the Marco back that she met all those years ago...

I will go back to Manundani and do a full 2/3 week treatment as Seth had recommended it. Seth, the doctor, is genuinely interested in helping people getting better and sharing the 5000 year old knowledge of Ajurveda with others.

I think it is so worth going here and receiving a 2 week treatment. It has changed me and my body. It eat better now, feel less stressed and receiving really good advice on the principles of Ajurveda and how to keep myself healthy.

You don't need to go to a really expensive resort where you pay up to $600 a night to get better. The fee here is only a fraction of the cost and you receive genuinely good treatment. So if you are not rich, but you want to really make a change to your health and happiness in your life I would take a few weeks off and make the investment into yourself and go here.

There are various packages available with various lengths of days ( between 1 day to 21 days I believe).

Thank you Seth!