1,915 results
All reviews national aquatic centre great hotel tayto park separate shower city centre business trip bar food would highly recommend this hotel modern hotel family room stayed here for one night dublin airport sanctuary bar forchetta restaurant motorway ireland buses
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have visited the hotel on a couple of previous occasions and absolutely loved it. So much so that we brought our parents down on one occasion. They, also, were very impressed. The hotel is clean, modern and the staff are friendly. So, as we loved the hotel so much, we booked a night there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was our location of choice. However, since our last visit my wife and I have both become vegetarians. We were looking forward to eating in the restaurant, only to be told on arrival that the restaurant was closed and we would have to eat in the bar - no real biggie. We arrived down to the bar for dinner and couldn’t see very much choice for vegetarians or vegans. So we asked the receptionist if there was a vegetarian menu. She didn’t know and directed us to the manager. We were encouraged when he said that the chef would make anything and there was ‘loads of choices for vegetarians’. So we took our seat in the bar and asked the server what the vegetarian choices were. He looked quite bemused and told us ‘curry’. When we told him that manager said that there was loads of choice he found himself going through the menu searching for something suitable for vegetarians. His solution was to suggest several meat options but without the meat. He subsequently left us to decide which ‘meatless meat option’ we wanted. Very disappointed we eventually opted for the wrap which we were told could be a vegetarian option. When it arrived, it was simply a beef/chicken wrap but without the beef/chicken. It was nice, but nothing special. I was even more disappointed when the bill arrived. It was the same price as the meat alternative even though the meat had been removed and replaced with a few extra slices of yellow pepper and onion. Our food experience left us with a bad taste. Not only was the vegetarian option very very poor, but the lack of knowledge of the staff was disappointing for a hotel of its calibre. We felt like a real afterthought which was disappointing as we were there to celebrate a special day for us. I have to say, unless the food aspect is improved I would doubt if I would return which is a shame as we loved every other aspect of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mikebrown5
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Mikebrown5!

We're very happy to welcome you back here! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I enjoyed reading your appreciation for our clean and modern rooms. We are very particular on this area, so you can be sure that we will stay consistent with these.

We don't want to stop there though, so we also do our best to provide our guests an excellent dining experience. I'm very sorry though that we have missed the mark with this one. That said, I shared your concern about our limited vegetarian choices to our Food and Beverage Manager. I'm sure that they'll use your comments when making decisions about our menu updates.

Once again, thanks for your time! We hope to have you again, so we can provide you with a more refined gastronomic experience in your next visit with us!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Second visit, more than happy to come back. Amazing staff. Luxurious rooms. Very quiet at night, great nights sleep. Food is amazing nothing too much trouble for all of the staff.
Beds are comfy and rooms cleaned thoroughly.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Faye W
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Ive stayed in many hotels but Crowne Plaza is top of my list. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a lovely stay. We stayed as a treat for my partners cousins Confirmation and she was treated to a lovely box of delicious sweets from the staff. Something small but meant so much to us and especially to her. Hotel is spotless and the bed was sooo comfy, what more could you ask for! Looking forward to staying here again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahHMoran87
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times recently and have to say that overall the experiences have been positive .
The rooms are air conditioned and comfortable, with very fast reliable WiFi.
Don’t know who picked that blue colour on the room walls though!!
Staff are friendly and accommodating , the food in the bar average and the restaurant good.
Breakfast is good for the price.
I will return

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I spent a night here on the 9th of March for my friends 21st birthday and I have to say that it was a great night with a great event space and even better rooms. My boyfriend and I stayed and the bed was amazing! It was the biggest bed I have ever slept in! I want one of those in my house!! Would love to go back again for a special occasion!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple