“Definitely The Best Japanese Restaurant In Town - 心目中台北最棒的日本餐廳”

Toutouan Kaiseki Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 2,816 Restaurants in Da'an
Price range: US$32 - US$129
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Been here many times, we always come back for its authentic gourmet and great service. It changes the menu every month. It has monthly theme & presentation to fit the food & the season. The service staffs always explain well about the ingredients & culinary skills that have been used. We like the flower art they present throughout the restaurant & gourmet. Everything here is delicate & diligent with great details. Definitely this is my favorite Japanese restaurant in town.
來過很多次,我們都是為了他的正統日本美食和很舒服的服務,每個月都換菜單,每個月都有呈現的主題來搭配食物和季節,員工也都能清楚解釋食材和烹飪方式,餐廳的插花、造景和花草與食物的搭配也都很舒服,每件事都細緻及用心,也充滿細節的維持,絕對是我的日本料理首選。

1  Thank ArthurWang095

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Definitely top on my list of must visit restaurants in Taipei, try to go every time we are in the city, never disappoint, food consistent and excellent, service good, sake menu reasonable and extensive, an array of three choices of set menus, also a vegetarian set.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Presentation of the food was good but the fast far from close to real Japanese Kaiseki cuisine. Not worth the price

2  Thank Chan C P
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Amazing kaiseki experience here. The food was delicious, very light while maintaining a proper balance with bold flavors. The service was very attentive, and their polite attitude helped set a great ambience for this meal. Their English was limited, but I had no problems conveying any message, and they went out of their way to give me English descriptions of the dishes. Believe me, if their English isn't good, and they still described every course to me, they were going out of their way to learn how to describe each course, between courses.

I won't go into detail about what each course offered, but I will say I had the $2550 set of beef, which I likely recall was 10 courses. Perfect portion, I left feeling properly satisfied, and in case you're extra hungry, they also offered extra during the rice course. Also maybe it's just me, but I feel rice has no terroir! It was a beautiful Hokkaido rice, but for me I could not taste the difference with other short grain rices

To find flaws even in greatness I will for fair disclosure also say what wasn't perfect, FOR ME.

°The various tofu's were great, but I would say it was overused, and overusing ingredients in the same meal becomes dull.
°Price for Taiwan I felt to be a touch high even for this style of meal. As a customer: I would like to see the cost at least 10% lower.

Overall this restaurant was incredible, and would be my #1 recommended restaurant in Taiwan from my experience of 2 months there. Delightful ambience, delicious food.

As a final note I would like to say that I feel if Michelin operated in Taiwan, this restaurant would without a doubt have a star.

2  Thank Spencer M
Reviewed 18 September 2016

My wife and I went to this restaurant for a Kaiseki dinner. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. The restaurant ambiance is very nice and it’s perfect for any special occasion.

Great food and the set menu price are fairly reasonable. The chef uses both Japan and Taiwan ingredients to create all the dishes. Before each dish is presented, the staff will explain the dish accordingly – ingredients, how it is made and the taste profile.

Do take the staff for sake recommendation – in our view, very honest recommendation and not entirely based on the bottle price.

1  Thank Alan K