“Delicious hot pot with cozy atmosphere and great sercice”

Ding Wang Spiccy Hot Pot
Ranked #280 of 2,859 Restaurants in Da'an
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and they had a good variety of ingredients at a fair price for such a nice restaurant. The hot broth is indeed spicy, but the service made us a sauce to compensate it and also added more broth to meet our taste. Also we want to highlight the great service as they did all they could to make us and our babygirl feel comfortable there. They even offered us to carry her so we could enjoy our meal!

All in all, we had a great experience and will definitely come back next time!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Hmm didn't find it fantastic, they limit your dining time and set a min expenses for each pax (I was two at 1.5 hour), only three type of sauces, taste wise just ok, but their service was excellent, 90 degree bow which is a bit too formal to me, not really comfortable with this haha.... felt very embarrassing

Reviewed 1 December 2016

This place has good soup base and mains for a good hotpot experience with friends in Taipei. The service staff are trained to bow at a 90 degree angle as they serve you and your group which is very applaudable especially when you notice that close to none of the guest actually pay attention to the bowing.

The soup base has a good mix of tofu and pig blood so no need to order any more of those as they are unlimited and come with the soup anyway.

Please come in early or make a reservation as this is famous even among locals so queues here can take as long as 2 hours before you can get in. 6PM would be earliest I would recommend or even 530PM for dinner time. Last time we did not get a reservation, we ended up having our dinner at 430PM so please reserve in advance especially for visitors to Taipei.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We took a yuanyang hot pot (half spicy and half clear soup) and both where nice! My friend and I are fans of spicy food so we actually drank the spicy soup without a problem. White rice is free flow. I became a new fan of duck-blood pudding. The duck blood pudding and the stinky toufu is also free flow along the soup in hot pot.

They take their service seriously, bow every time after they serve. Somehow it is a common thing in Taipei when they are so use to the lines they have been telling every day, they speak in a speed of F1. It happens here too! (I speak relatively faster than most of my mandarin speaking friends, so I guess it should be very fast others if I think it is fast.)

Reviewed 9 December 2014

We tried this restaurant because it was close by our hotel and it seemed to have good reviews from local food bloggers. We were pretty disappointed because the service was really bad - definitely not the same kind of service you'd get at most Taiwanese restaurants.

The hot pot was just ok in our opinion, but it was very over priced - we spent about 5000+ kuai between the three of us and we really didn't order a ton of food. The waiter took the order by speed reading the menu and had an awful attitude... he asked he we wanted "beef" and proceeded to put down the most expensive type of beef. It's really my own fault for not asking him to slow down and let us read the menu ourselves... But the service attitude was like he can't be bothered to wait for us to look at the menu before he writes down our order.

What I did like is how they didn't provide a ton of dipping sauces at the tables. I think they intend for you to taste the natural flavours of the soup and ingredients instead of using a ton of sauces so you only taste the sauce and not the food.

I probably will never go there again since there are so many more better hot pot restaurants in taipei that charge half of what they charge and have awesome service.