“Very spicy hotpot”

Taihodien Restaurant
Ranked #274 of 2,878 Restaurants in Da'an
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Its chilly hotpot was authentic and very tasty. Its local beef and vegetables were fresh. We tried two types of soup, one was spicy and the other was normal clear soup. The spicy one was real hot. The bean curd and duck blood cake could be refilled many times for the spicy one, as the restaurant has charged each person additionally for it on top of the soup base chosen. If you like chilly hotpot, you must try this one.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

This was recommended to us by the photographers taking our wedding pictures. We ordered the spicy soup and it was SPICY. It's also full of duck blood. If you wanted to know what boiling mud looks like, then order this soup. It was delicious until half way through the meal when the duck blood got to me and I couldn't go on eating any further. Still very good up until that point. Don't order this if you don't think boiling mud duck blood thing is your cup of tea.
It was also rather pricey considering all the street food you can get for basically nothing.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Foods were delicious and well prepared. Good service with friendly smile. Definitely will revisit again

Review collected in partnership with EZTABLE.com
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Really good hot pot. I fully recommend this place. We went there with friends and family and enjoyed it fully. Food is excellent and we were all stuffed after leaving. Our friends live in Taiwan and they were the ones to recommend this place. I'm very happy that they did.

It's quite popular place, no surprise there, which also means it's quite busy and full of rowdy peeps. Which is, in asia, totally normal. There were some birthday group there. Some business peeps having some kind of office gathering. Also some western tourist couple.

In my family, there are people who can speak the local language, so I don't really know how well they can manage with English. At least that western couple seemed to manage ok with the staff.

We had a stroller in there, so families with small kids can manage also. Of course, it's not really made for stroller parking, but you can always squeeze it in somewhere. Staff was helpful with this also.

If I ever get to visit Taiwan again, I will surely visit again.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Ideal for a group diner, this restaurant is divided over 3 different buidlings, all crowded
We took the specialty, a hot pot separated in a dark and very spicy side and a clear milder one.
Many ingredients like meatballs, tofu, blood sausage, beef, lots of vegatables and so on were made available and you can get extra portions.
Flavors got better and better after some time.
I really liked it, but for people that do not like spices, be careful

Good service and pleasant reasturant to come to