“Beautiful setting and good food”

Ibuki by TAKAGI KAZUO - Shangri-La Taipei
Ranked #49 of 2,820 Restaurants in Da'an
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: ibuki by TAKAGI KAZUO is Taiwan’s first and only Japanese restaurant to operate with a Michelin-starred approach. The restaurant follows and practices culinary concepts of Consultant Chef Takagi Kazuo, owner and head chef of the Michelin two-starred Takagi in Japan, placing emphasis on authentic Kyoto cuisine presented with a modern and picturesque style. Numerous set menus are designed by Chef Takagi with different dining purposes in mind, while an extensive à la carte menu is also offered, featuring creations that reflect a season and unfold cultural tales.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We visited Ibuki in August during our stay at the hotel. I was quite impressed with the beautiful view of the garden and the food was good quality. We had the platinum sashimi platter and Utage Kaiseki set menu. Everything was fairly tasty and beautifully presented, and the service was attentive. It is one of the best Japanese meals I have in Taipei.

I struggle between a 4 and a 5. I honestly can't point to any flaws to Ibuki but because I rated the Nadaman in the Tokyo Shangri-La a 5, somehow I feel that I prefer Nadaman by a notch. Personal preference really. But Ibuki is very good and certainly worth a visit.

Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Dear SunnyT1969,

Thank you very much for your kind recognition and compliment. Glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jesse Liang
Manager of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Wonderful food and service although the sparkling wine took a while both times I asked for it so they gave the rest of the bottle for free

great show with the teppanyaki and very tasty food

Management response:Responded 31 July 2017

Dear ChrisJR2013, thank you very much for your kind recognition and compliment. Glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Had a lunch with family on Saturday. The Teppanyaki area is kind of private with total of 16 seats only and in a separated area. We also enjoy the city view. We ordered lunch set menu with all kind of variety, steak, lobster and iberico pork. Service is excellent and foods quality and quantity is more/higher than we expected with a reasonable price. Normally, traveler will avoid to select the restaurant in the hotel. However, this is the one worthy trying and you will enjoy it for sure.

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Dear Vincent Y, thank you very much for your kind recognition and compliment. Glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I was in Taipei for business and decide to end my work day with a visit to its famous Michelin starred Ibuki Japanese restaurant

The restaurant was virtually empty saved for a couple more occupied tables. I typically enjoys sitting in front of the sushi bar hoping to chat with the chef whilst enjoying my meal. However the 2 chef behind the sushi bar pretty much left me alone and were preoccupied with themselves.

I had a starter of a salad with iberico pork slices with a tangy sauce. My next order was their 10 piece sushi selection and I must say the fish was definitely fresh and served at the correct temperature for me to savor the true taste of the fish. I ordered a house sake to accompany my meal. To round up , I ordered their shrimp tempura. The shrimp was succulent but the batter was not as light as the usual ones I experience in Toyko.

Overall a fair dining experience at a fair price point

Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Dear mikeylim, thank you very much for your kind recognition and compliment. Glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Excellent selection of set meals and ala carte dishes. I particularly enjoy the sashimi and hot pot.

Management response:Responded 26 June 2017

Dear Siang7, thank you very much for your kind recognition and compliment. Glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.