US$182
US$68
US$61
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

San Want(Da'an)
US$104
US$88
US$113
US$96
US$121
US$114
Agoda.com
Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch(Da'an)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
  • Breakfast included
US$157
US$114
Travelocity
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$242
1,113 results
All reviewsrosewood suitewestern breakfastwestern styleconcierge deskfirst floorbusiness tripnon smokingfive star hotelfood courtbit datedmrt stationssogo department storehotel staffcomfortable staycentral locationhomewoodatrium
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very well located as it's between 2 MRT stations if different lines. I feel it's kind of far after a day of sightseeing and therefore use the Ubike often.
The lobby is small as the cafe takes up a big portion of it, however, English is spoken here. There is a mixed feeling on the reception n concierge depending on who you get. But because of its many entrances, you don't feel the same welcome of other hotels, in fact it is difficult for them to do so.
The non smoking room we had stank of cigarette smoke the 2 days we were there. There were red and brown stains on the carpet (hopefully it was wine stains), housekeeping was efficient with 2 bottles of water refilled daily .
They will store your luggage for you if you go away for a few days for no charge (with a happy tip).
This was my second stay and I'm quite sure I won't be returning. It's just not very welcoming.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable compliments and comments. We do treasure and appreciate every single advice from our guests. We have discussed this issue with our team and believe that the situation will be surely improved.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and really wish to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The Charms coffee at 2nd floor of Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei puts together everything breakfast meeting needs. Fresh and make-you-day manual, always smell waitress, (they serve coffee just in time while you fell needing one more). Comfort seat, tranquil atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Thank L.C. W

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei and writing us the review. It is appreciated.

We are very happy that you experienced a fruitful and enjoyable retreat at our premises, and it is our pleasure to be of service and to have you with us. The review you wrote here that proves that we are doing something right. Your valuable feedback is really important to us.

Thank you for your support and the review once again. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Howard Plaza Hotel though in a somewhat busy section offers some privacy. I liked the big lobby with enough space to meet some friends. The service is good and the staff work in a quiet manner that you don't notice them. You feel that things get done but they don't intrude in whatever the guests are doing.I felt very comfortable in the hotel and I would surely come back.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei. Your review is appreciated.

Many thanks to you for taking the time to let us know about your positive experiences at our Hotel. It is our pleasure to receive your compliments here. We truly appreciate all your kind words that let us know we are doing the things right.

Once again, thank you for your support and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This hotel is a short walk to everything (7-eleven, big department stores, the MRT). However, during the summer months the Taipei weather could be hot and humid. Thunderstorms and incessant rain are also common phenomenas. This make walking extremely uncomfortable. We ended up taking the taxi everywhere.

Here are some pros and cons about the hotel:

Pros:
- Nice and friendly staff. Front counter staff spoke English well.
- Currency exchange at the front counter.
- Nice bakery on the first floor. All breads are 20% off after 8PM.
- Very nice bathrooms.
- Cleaning staff will give you extra bottled water if you asked.
- Very easy to get a taxi.

Cons
- Dirty, spotted carpet.
- Blackout curtain was ripped.
- While there is enough plugs for our electronics, the position of the plugs are on the opposite of the room from our beds. As a result, one cannot browse one’s electronics in bed while charging.
- Everything smelled like cigaret, including our non-smoking rooms.
- All hotel services are very expensive by Taiwan standards. For example, the laundry opposite 7-eleven charged NTD 210 for a full load of laundry (around 4 lbs). That is less than using the hotel cleaning service to launder a single pair of pants.
- Hotel charged NTD 600 per staying guests for the breakfast buffet. The food was pretty disappointing. Our family of 4 was able to have a feast at the local soy milk place for a total of NTD 320.
- Very strict checking in time. We arrived at the hotel at 2:45pm, very hot and sweaty from our walk from the MRT station. We cannot get in to our rooms until 3pm.
- Shops on the lower floor of the hotel aimed to please older affluent business people. We found them very expensive and uninteresting.

I have not stayed in any other hotel in Taiwan. May be this hotel really does deserve 4 stars. Nevertheless, I think I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
HowardPlazaTaipei, Manager at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this review. I left something at the hotel and only realized it at the last minute when I was at the airport (I was feeling sick still from my Jakarta misadventures). The hotel was able to retrieve it and sent it by the hotel limousine and reach me in record time and I was still able to catch my flight. Furthermore, the hotel only charged me a regular taxi fare. So this is great service.

Having said that the hotel is getting a bit cheap. The beds are 3 star mattresses and while they give great name brand toiletries, they don't replenish them daily. The hotel also I am told has the best tailors in Taipei used by foreigners in the basement retail plaza, which I never knew existed though I have been here several times.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
HowardPlazaTaipei, 業者 at Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017