“Good”
Review of Minimal Cafe

Minimal Cafe
Ranked #8 of 157 Coffee & Tea in Da'an
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

+ : Good, quiet and clean cafe to chat with friends or study. Free Wi-Fi and fast service and warm staff. Cuddle and hug cats.

- : Expensive ($NT80~$NT180) and bad quality of food.

2  Thank Hsuan24

Reviewed 3 September 2015

It's good to find a cafe like this! I visited this cafe around 2p.m. It was not crowded at all! I picked a seat at the back with sofa and kitties. Food is nice, had a cup of coffee with some relaxing music in shop. There are kitties in shop, they are very 'easy-going', enjoy playing with guests. It's a good idea if you like cats and book in a silent place. Definitely recommend to my friends!

1  Thank Vanessa A
Reviewed 10 June 2015

I visited Minimal Cafe on a weekday evening after 5 pm, and found it fairly quiet, with about five to ten fellow visitors. Cats abound at this spacious cafe. I had barely sat down to peruse the menu when the cat at my table came over to nuzzle me and then climb onto my shoulders. I saw about a dozen cats in total, who were basically everywhere - sitting on tables and chairs, lying on the ground or perches, draped over the counters. One was even asleep with its face in a crate of mugs on top of the espresso machine. Most were happy to be petted for a bit, even the ones who were napping and sleeping. Some wouldn't come over to you, but most were very affable.

What other reviewers meant by "not so hygenic" is the fact that the cats really are everywhere. They're allowed free rein over the tables and counters and behind the counter where food and drinks are prepared. The servers do take cats away when they are interfering with the food prep, and everything seems quite neat and orderly. But all the same, I can't be sure that for example, they actually re-washed the mugs that the cats were sleeping on top of before serving anything in them. If you're willing to wink an eye at this, you'll probably find this place perfect.

Even if you're just one visitor, you need to order at least one drink (which all cost 180 NT at a minimum) or two desserts (the cheapest was a slice of cheesecake at 80 NT). I got an iced earl grey tea which was overly sweet and tasted a bit grainy. I stayed for almost two hours and enjoyed the free wifi and wandered around taking many pictures of the cats. Since I was just there to hang out, see cats, and relax, the food quality didn't really bother me. It was a good time overall!

3  Thank Connie M
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

My first experience. Good coffee, and cats, but no kittens. A few were quite friendly and readily approached you. They are all well fed and some look like they used to be strays. There is a faint odor of cat, but nothing extreme. Great staff and would visit again. Easy to get to walking from along yongkang food street. My friends are jealous....

2  Thank joker333
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I heard about the minimal cafe from the internet and went there only to get disappointed.
The service there sucks and the price is crazy for the bad food they make.
We had to wait for more than 30 min to get something ordered, even though it wasnt busy at all. Seems like they were too busy to chat.. Even when I went to the bar to order something, they only told me to wait till they were finished talking. Same waiting time for the drinks and food. (Even though i saw our food finished at the counter, the waiter didnt cared to bring us our food)
Bad service and bad food wouldnt recommend it even though the cats were cute..

Been to Minimal Cafe? Share your experiences!