“I love the xiao long bao!”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a world-famous chain restaurant, which earns a one-star Michellin. I have reviewed its branches in China.
Reviewed 16 January 2018

When I think of Taiwan I always think of xiao long bao. This place is a perfect machine for these things. The workers work with precision, like intense robots. The service is fine, but the server was rushing and spilled beer on my LV bag and myself, but more than made up for it by the apology, a free beer, some pineapple cake, and dessert bao. The food is actually really delicious and the xiao long bao are to die for!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Probably going to be the next export thing from Taiwain to the world. Already in China and Australia. The food and setup is great. If kitchen labor cost would be as favorable in the western world I guess it would be the next, and healthier, McD....

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This has to be on anyone who visits Taipei, just so you can see for yourself if they truly are the best dumplings in Taiwan. For me, another restaurant took that title, but Din Tai Fung was still excellent. A bonus is that we arrived at 8 and the two of us did not need to queue, because we were willing to share a table upstairs.

Pork Xiao long bao, prawn chilli dumplings, prawn dumplings, braised pork and noodles, and water spinach. All delicious and mouthwatering. Complimentary green tea is provided, which is a nice touch.

Bill came to 1300 NTD all in for 2 which is excellent value for the quality.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

A little expensive for a foodie who loves street food but worth a try especially their xiao long bao.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Yes, Din Tai Fung has overseas branches but I think it is more authentic to have Din Tai Fung in Taipei. I have had all the Din Tai Fung quotas before leaving Taipei.