“Delicious Thai food but at expensive hotel prices ”

Sukhothai - Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Sukothai apparently has a real Thai chef that is in charge of their food. The dishes are delicious but of course don’t expect the food to be as authentic as real Thai food in Thailand. Ingredients and the way they prepare the food is different from Thailand.
Nevertheless I enjoyed my meal at Sukothai in Sheraton Grand Taipei. They are delicious. I don’t know if it’s the best Thai food in Taipei as I’m a visitor but what I had is delicious.
Again however the dishes is different from the dishes when you have them in Thailand.
Like the green papaya salad that I have. The green papaya is not sour and therefore not as fresh as I would prefer. But some people don’t like the tart sourness of real Thai papaya or green mango salads so it’s your personal preference.
Oh. There is no green mango salad in Sukothai in case you’re wondering which is a pity.

The staff however appears always harried and not very attentive unfortunately. Needs more training.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

OK I have eaten a lot of Thai food in my day and been to many Thai restaurants and this ranks right up there with the worst . Service was terrible. Waited for about ten minutes before anyone even said a word to us. Then we got from someone; "Oh you want a table?" And she ran off. Did get seated, at last. Decided to order the set menu, it looked and sounded tasty. Ordered a bottle of wine as well. Got to say the wine was great. When the girl brought our wine she opened it with out checking to see if it was what we had ordered. Poured my wife a full (almost to the brim) glass right off the bat. Before I could suggest that I'd like to sample a bit first she (the wait staff) was off to another table with my bottle of wine in hand. After returning from the table across the room(not sure if she poured some of my wine for the other table) she poured my glass of wine.
The food started coming; just let me say it was all not good. Course after course was tasteless and like no other Thai food I have ever eaten. Typical uncaring Taiwanese response from the manager to my complaints. My advice; don't go. The hotel is great but the food???

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Sukhothai has a wide selection of Thai (Taiwanese-Thai) cuisines. The taste and quality of its food are fantastic. I’ll visit it again for sure.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I had such dinner with 2 old friends. We ordered dishes of meat, fish, curry chicken, etc. Every disk has my high appreciation. It's good to visit again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is my first time to eat Thai food in Taiwan, and I have to say that it's such amazing. The most important thing is that you must try their moon shrimp cake.

Review collected in partnership with EZTABLE.com
SheratonGrandTaipei, Corporate Brand & Communications at Sukhothai - Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Valued Customer, thank you for your definite and continuous support in Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel! We will work hard to maintain our quality of service and hope to be of your service again! Best regards!