Taipei Gala Hotel
THE Tango Taipei NanShi(Zhongshan District)
US$122
US$102
Ambience Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$91
US$86
  • Breakfast included
The Riviera Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$149
US$132
US$98
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Via Hotel Loft(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$49
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$69
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$74
US$60
Golden China Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$74
US$69
Agoda.com
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$226
US$218
The Westin Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$264
US$224
All reviewswalking distanceexcellent locationconvenient locationbooked this hoteltravel agentbasic amenitiessmall hotelseparate showerhotel staffdeluxe roomfree wifistar hotelfront desk staffsubwaytaipeitaxicleanliness
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We stayed at this hotel for six nights during our stay in Taiwan. The staff here was very professional and saw after all of our needs. When asking for directions or when presented with questions they went out of their way to make sure we had all the information. I tend to rely on hotel staff quite a bit when I need directions on my travel and the staff here was always very ready to help and even to look up information about closing/opening times, even when I didn't ask for it. When we asked one gentleman at the concierge desk about how to get to a particular place, he went as far as to make further suggestions to make our trip more memorable.

The rooms are small, but are very well kept and come with all the necessary amenities. There is a lot of stuff in the area, including some excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Max M
GalaGRO, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Gala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for your comments and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us.
Certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Taipei GALA soon. Thank you again.

AIRES

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I stayed at the Gala Hotel, Taipei with my wife from 20 Mar 2017 to 27 Mar 2017. 7 nights in total! It was my first time staying in this hotel in Taipei. I had initially wanted to book at the another hotel that I had stayed in during my last trip to Taipei but I switched to Gala Hotel due to the considerable savings for our 7 nights stay. I was pretty concerned initially because a bad choice hotel could truly ruin my holidays. Imagine the constant nagging from my wife for a straight 7 days run!! My concern dissipated bit by bit once we entered our Deluxe room.

What surprised me was the size of the Deluxe room. It was spacious enough for the 2 of us. The room does not have a wow! look but at least soothing to the eyes. Relatively modern though! It looks exactly like the pictures from the hotel website. The double bed was comfortable. One issue is that only1 extra pillow in the wardrobe. 2 extra pillows would be nice though. WIFI strength was very strong within the room. Big TV and a CD player is installed. But who uses CD nowadays though! Only 1 HBO channel, 1 FOX entertainment channel, 2 English speaking news channels, 1 FOX sport channel. Not many but I guess better than all Chinese speaking channels!

The toilet is all white when you entered it. The white wall marble tiles, white marble floor, white sink and white bath tub. We liked the whiteness because if it is dirty anywhere in the toilet, we will know it. The toilet comes with both shower and bath tub. Water pressure is very strong and has a massaging effect when you shower. The only flaw in the toilet is the bathtub is short length. Not the typical full length bath tub where you can stretched your legs fully. You can still cross your legs in the bathtub though. Another plus factor is the automatic cleaning WC system. Spent a bit more time than usual with it.

2 complimentary bottles of water provided daily. There is an ice machine on the floor I stayed but I am not sure if it is available on every floor. Very useful!

Breakfast spread was pretty decent with western, Chinese, Jap and Korean choices.

The nearest MRT station is only about 100M walk. Very convenient! No shopping malls or night markets nearby as it is located within a business district though there are a few 7-11 stores and eateries around. However, with the extensive network of MRT lines, connectivity to all parts of Taipei is readily available.

Hotel staff is able to converse in English quitet fluently, very courteous and very knowledgeable with sightseeing and touristy tips. Good Housekeeping service as well.

All in all, on hindsight, it was the correct choice. Truly value for money. We will stay again at Gala Hotel for our future trips to Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MengKang

Thank you for your staying and prompt review. We are really honored to hear your compliment about our location and services. It will be encouraging for us. And thank you for taking the time to give us an advice for improve soundproof. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

AIRES

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Was on two day work trip to taipei .
Was booked at this hotel . Room was nice with all the basic amenities . Tv, fridge and toiletries . Breakfast had both local and wester options . Guess the hotel was renovated . Overall good place to stay . Metro is nearby . Lot of cafes 7-11 shops around .

Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
GalaGRO, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Gala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you for your staying with us and gave us an encouraging review.

We hope you will stay in the GALA HOTEL and enjoy your travel again!

Sincerely

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Convenient location with subway few steps away and airport shuttle bus across the road. Room is very well assigned. Mattress is comfy and supportive, however sheets are not of cotton. I booked with a very good price even includes breakfast which has lots of choices.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Jackie_Xu
GalaGRO, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Gala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

The first night we checked into the hotel, I say hair + pubic hair on the toilet floor and was really turned off by it.. I had to remove them myself. The room was very dusty too. My kids and I have sensitive noses and when we were sneezing non stop we knew the room was more than just dusty. Requested to change rooms and it was better. Service is good. But cleaniness needs to be improved.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
GalaGRO, 客戶關係經理 at Taipei Gala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you so much for your sincere comments.

Let us offer sincere apologize for we did not up a room and make you feel displeasure.
We recognize we neglect control the cleaning quality.
And we are so sorry make your children had a great deal of trouble.

We will reeducate our staff and make an effort for prevention of recurrence.

Thank you for your valuable opinion.