1,234 results
All reviews nespresso machine separate toilet rooftop pool bath area japanese restaurant top floor rooms are spacious pineapple cake sliding door din tai fung luxury hotel excellent hotel buffet breakfast high tech rain shower zhongshan station hotel guests
Reviewed 10 November 2018

Arriving at the hotel the check-in lady was not friendly.

The first room we received had cigarette smell so the manager kindly moved us to another "upgraded" room on a higher floor. The smell was better and the room had a nicer color scheme.

The location is nice. It is close to many local stores and eateries. The Regent Taipei is just a block away if you would like to enjoy live piano music in the evening. The bar at Okura has classic design we like but closes early even on the weekend nights.

All in all we find the room to be smaller compare to many other hotels in Taipei like Regent Taipei, Le Meridien, or Westin Taipei. The restaurant on the mezzanine didn't feel that comfortable. I enjoyed my stay at Okura Tokyo and would like to try Okura Bangkok in the future.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Extremly friendly staff, makes you feel welcome from the momemt you step into the hotel. Very nice, professional check-in staff, bell boys etc. Rooms are quite spacious, equipped with cool japanese toilets and a nespresso machine
Huge breakfast buffet - mostly asian dishes with rather small western options.
Spa and pool really nice and clean.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Okura Prestige Taipei during a leisure trip to Taipei.

The room was super comfortable. The room itself was a decent size for an urban hotel. The bed and pillows were just right. I liked the separate shower and soaking tub areas, although it would have been nice to have bath salts provided like at some of the other Okura locations. I was glad to have a Nespresso machine in the room.

I had one of the rooms with a private balcony. The hotel makes you sign a waiver form before unlocking it. But, the balcony was a nice touch and relatively spacious with a small table and chair.

The gym and sauna / Japanese bath area was also nice. The gym was decently equipped with several treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, weight machines, free weights and yoga mats. I liked the sauna / Japanese bath area, which was very relaxing. However, some of the tiles in the bath area were coming off, and I wish that the gym and bath areas were open 24 hours instead of closing overnight.

Breakfast was included in my plan. The food selection was okay, but it seemed the only thing that changed day to day was the rice congee (from plain to sweet potato and back). There was a cook-to-order omelette station and noodle station. The spread also included the semi-famous Hotel Okura French toast. However, I think they could have done better with the fruit and pastry selection, and I found the seating to be a little cramped.

The service and location were both good. The hotel concierge was able to help me secure a reservation at a Michelin-starred restaurant that I wanted to go to via email before my arrival. The hotel is located within 2 blocks of the Zhongshan MRT station and is also about a 15-minute walk from Taipei Main Station, making it convenient to get around the city. There are also tons of shopping and dining options nearby.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would go back to the Okura again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Travel extensively in Asia w/5 star hotels my preference. Okura Prestige hits all the marks for a great hotel. Rooms/hotel is meticulously maintained Staff is highly professional taking ownership of the challenges of international passengers arriving at odd hours. My most pleasant surprise was the bar staff offering very tasty food and drinks exactly as ordered. Currently staying at another Okura property which could learn a few things from this perfect execution of customer satisfaction

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located on the main road, rooms are spacious and staff are helpful and welcoming, we’ve had late night flight so they allowed us to stay at the hotel lounge until our pickup time arrived

The main thing about Taipei is that the hotels are not centrally located at one shopping district, so if you are looking at this hotel go ahead and book your room you won’t regret it.

One more thing electricity setup makes charging slower than normal and hair dryer colder than hot.. except the one available in the room works normally

Date of stay: April 2018