“Nice atmosphere, good coffee and waffle”
Review of Melange Cafe

Melange Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We dropped by Melange Cafe 1st branch for brunch. We just missed out the breakfast menu, which ended at 1030am. So we had club sandwich, which was decent but the highlights were coffee (iced latte and hot mocha) and the waffles with chocolate ice cream and red bean.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We had mocha and latte with sandwich and waffle. Waitress are nice and the environment is great. Three of us spent around NT1000. Price worth it.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

The waffles and sandwiches were freshly made and very delicious. There were a lot of choices of coffee. Many people there so you may have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

People are queuing up for this restaurant especially over the weekend. As my hotel is around the corner I went during the week on a less busy time. There are 2 Melange cafes in the same street so which ever has seats available you will go to. Apparently they are famous for their waffles but the portion was too big for me being by myself. And so far during my stay in Taipei I haven't been looking trying different batter related products I found them all quite blend. There is not much else to chose from breakfast wise so I went for a club sandwich.

It was ok, tomato slices were to thick, cooked ham instead of crispy bacon and the chicken lacked a bit of seasoning.

The coffee/tea list is impressive and both the coffee and tea I had were really nice.

All the staff is nice and friendly better than Le Marche further down the street and the cafe is well organised.

I think it's more a coffee and sweets/cake place than somewhere I would go back to for breakfast/lunch

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

We visited Melange Cafe on a quiet Friday morning. We arrived at 10:30am but the place was already packed. The friendly waitress found us a table outside. It was very pleasant despite the slightly cold weather.

We ordered a strawberry and cream waffle, a pizza toast, a couple scones, a caramel latte and an English breakfast tea. The quality of the food was exceptional and the selection of tea and coffee was excellent for small cafe.

It wasn't cheap by Taiwan standards but it was one of the best cafes we have been to in Asia. We will definitely come back on our next trip.

1  Thank Tommy L