“loved the dark minimalist oriental interiors”
Review of Brasserie

Brasserie
Ranked #37 of 2,242 Restaurants in Zhongshan District
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Engage yourself in a leisurely festival that provides the ultimate entertainment for all the senses at Taipei's hottest all-you-can-eat buffet. An innovative menu accentuating on the natural taste of ingredients through the creation of refined cuisine from all over the world allows you to savor the world's finest foods without having to go far. From a full salad bar, made-to-order pasta and noodles, succulent seafood, a grand sushi bar serving the freshest sashimi, abundant Eastern and Western dishes, and a mouthwatering dessert selection, indulge in the best cuisine the world has to offer.
Reviewed 22 March 2018

entering the regent hotel is a very startling experience. it's a mix of class and kitsch and the overall dark dark dark interiors punctuated by areas of lighting was almost as exciting as the prospect of eating. we descended into the lower floor through an elevated tucked away in a corner (convenient since I was traveling with my father who has difficulty climbing stairs). The dark luxury extends to brasserie which I think has a minimalist japanese vibe. The food was very good and the variety was interesting. The dimsum was so-so but everything else was GREAT!!!! I love the cute chefs preparing the fish in front of you - and it really helps that some of the chefs were particularly good-looking in that geeky chinese way.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Went there with my family for chinese new year meal. Have been there several times before but this time I was surprised. If you’re a seafood lover than you will be very happy. A lot of fresh seafood with different ways of cooking. Another thing blowed my mind was their dessert. Most restaurants have very soso cake, but I got so nice cake here!!! Also have fresh juice and many kinds of salad. It is my number one buffet in Taipei now.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I have been to Las Vegas buffets and after that experience, many other buffets have since failed to impress me. When I am invited to go to buffets or when asked to suggest a place, buffets are the last thing on my mind.
Visiting other buffets in other cities, I am not impressed anymore. This place in Taipei was one of the best buffets I have ever eaten for a long time.
Complimentary drinks, great layout, organized food sections, excellent variety of seafood, excellent quality of food, and very clean and friendly service make this place impressive. Even with the pricing, its still busy and reservations are recommended. Its a must do to treat yourself here in Taipei.
So much food, desserts, drinks and pastries, I had to pace myself and really be selective of the choices I make so I can avoid filling up on ordinary food I am used to eating.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Went for a casual business lunch with boss and colleagues. It was my first time going to a buffet restaurant (in a hotel) in Taipei. I've been to other hotel buffets of similar size/scale before in Tainan, the most memorable of which was Shangri-La.
Overall environment: spacious around the food stations, not overly crowded, and the lines moved at a decent pace. I think it helped that the food stations were separated into different small island (ish) to distribute the flow. The lighting was nice and not overly bright, with the focus on the food themselves.
Food: I really liked the sashimi/sushi/rolls station with the huge fish (on ice) display in the middle. The seafood is really fresh, with a nice range of different types of fish. You've also got a bit of typical buffet food comprising a range of Asian/Western dishes (also like a roast station I think?). I also found particularly memorable the make your own pasta station (pick you own ingredients and have them cook for you), and the huge wheel of dim sum wheels (if that's the correct term for "container"). The huge wheel of dim sum was mounted on a steamer thing (like a bain marie?), and with the smoke coming up, you could almost imagine the delicious food emerging from a tropical jungle haha. Did not try the pasta because I was kind of full, but it looked kind of good!
Service: pretty efficient I would say, plate gets cleared by the time we came back with another plate of food. They also do table service for puff pastry soup. (they come around to your table and you tell them how many you'd like for your table). The soup we had was creamy mushroom soup and I really liked it - the consistency and flavour was just right.
Price: Boss paid, but I know how much it is per person for lunch. I would say it's definitely worth the money with the food (quality, quantity, and range) you get. Plus, if you're in Taipei long term, there's obviously meal vouchers you can purchase at travel fairs or similar events, which makes it even cheaper.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Having read good reviews of this buffet, we made a dinner reservation online ahead of our trip. Booking was prompt with email confirmation.
There are more locals than tourists at this restaurant. The sashimi, prawns and other seafood (read : crabs and squid) were fresh and plentiful. Unfortunately, there were no oysters. The sushi, maki and tempura prawns were also delicious. We also loved the desserts and ice-cream, as well as the bottled juices.
I had expected a bigger buffet with more choices, but the selection provided was fresh and sufficient.