“Burger Joint - Thank You”
Review of Burger Joint

Burger Joint
Ranked #79 of 881 Restaurants in Xitun
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

When I travel I usually avoid American style restaurants. What is the point in traveling but to try new things? I was staying in a hotel just across the street from Burger Joint and I had walked by so many times. I was staying in Taichung for 5 months before I decided to try Burger Joint. I spent the next couple of weeks eating my way their menu. Taiwan’s ‘Foodie’ reputation is well earned and visitors benefit from the high standards. Burger Joint is no exception...excellent burgers in a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Food is good and well decoration. But maybe because of full booking, waiters and waitress are so busy so that the service can be improved.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

The burgers had gristle, the milkshakes came ten minutes after the burgers, and it somehow took us two hours to have lunch on a Tuesday.

You call yourself "美式廚房" (American Kitchen) and have a menu with everything translated into English, but had a staff that refused to speak a word of English and, instead, turned to my Taiwanese date and forced her to translate for them.

Then you had the audacity to charge a 10% "service charge" for service like that.

You all-but-guaranteed that I would write a review like this and never return.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I tried the jumbo burger and it'S really good. Just you have to wait to be served and it's not really fast. The soup also is good, and you are not disappointed with the quantities. Clearly a far better choice for burgers than mac donald's! Enjoy :)

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

We were walking by and decided to go in for an unplanned dinner. The restaurant was about a third full. It was neat and clean. Staff were pleasant and service was prompt.

We ordered two burgers with the addition of the side salad and drink (only another $69NT) We also ordered what basically was an affogato (espresso coffee over vanilla ice cream).

The burgers were great by most standards, being quite big and the fries were deliciously crunchy. The side salad was also pretty good but I'd probably not have it with egg and raisins had I known they were in it.

The 'affogato' was great, 3 full scoops of Icecream sprinkled with walnuts and a shot of espresso coffee. Really impressed I could get this in Taiwan.

The price of meals overall was not too expensive by Taiwan standards.

One last thing which was of note were the clean bathrooms.

Would I go back?