I rarely get satisfied from dining out, specially in my home country, because they are all poor to sub-par. But lo and behold! I have experienced something which is probably the BEST dining experience this 2016 at Din Tai Fung - Taipei101.
Take Note though: This branch is ALWAYS packed with customers (1 Michelin Star, Superb Food) and if you want to get tables, you SHOULD reserve them beforehand. If you choose to walk in, you may have to wait 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the crowd.
All of the people I met and became frends with in Taipei all said that the best Xiaolongbao is in Din Tai Fung. And they were absolutely correct! Me and my Family went there on a crowded Friday night for dinner and we had to wait for about 40 minutes to be seated. Once our number was called, we were immediately greeted with genuine smiles from all of the crew - who were all very busy managing the queue and what not. I am going to summarize this review via bullets, so you won't get bored of reading haha.
1. Cleanliness - their store is very clean, considering the fact that thousands of not hundreds of customers were already ahead of us that day. No sign of dirt anywhere.
2. Crew - All of the staff were smiling when they see you look at them, and they were all very attentive of your needs. If you run out of drinking water, you will never need to ask, they will approach you with haste and refill your glass.
3. ATTENDANTS WITH DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES - This one surprised me the most. I am not sure if other Michelin starred restaurants have this, but here at Din Tai Fung, most attendants are of your own nationality! Like us, we were attended by a fellow Filipino, who was very attentive and polite. Kudos to the management for thinking outside the box!
4. Food - Need I say more? Their dumplings are THE BEST. I have tasted so many Xiaolongbao's in the Philippines, but only this restaurant proved worthy of making them. I have yet to try their newly opened branch in SM Megamall, Philippines, so I can't judge if they are the same.
1. None really. Aside from the very long wait time, which is to be expected.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.