“Expect a queue”

Lao Jiang Milk Black Tea
Ranked #8 of 334 Restaurants in Xinxing
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This place is the darling of social media and as a result, local and overseas people come in droves to see what the fuss is all about. One thing you must know about Kaohsiung is people here love their toast in different permutations. Secondly, Lao Jiang is known for its milk tea. I have my share of "teh Tarik" in Singapore and truthfully, I can't taste the difference between what's offered here versus what I have in Singapore. I guess beauty is in the eyes of beholders. That being said, be prepared for a large crowd. Service staff here has a tendency to snap at customers when they get pushed. Space is very limited here and so, make sure you don't rush when you are attempting to dine and drink here.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Lao Chiang Milk/ Black Tea is a famous brand of Taiwanese black tea, locals and tourists like their tea a lot, including me. Besides tea, their Taiwanese omelet is the another reason why I visit Lao Chiang again and again.

Their tea flavor is strong and with more depth comparing with the others black tea in Taiwan, I like their black tea more than milk tea, just because I don’t like having milk with tea. This is my No.1 Taiwanese black tea in Kaohsiung, must visit here when I’m in Kaohsiung every time.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

A taxi driver highly recommended this stall and even offered to detour so that we can grab a cup! The taste of tea was strong and the milk was silky. Real stuff! Must try!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The milk tea here is consisted of traditional black tea and milk. It is really amazing! It's a famous breakfast stand and you need to wait in line for several minutes on the weekend. I recommend everyone buy more, because you definitely will miss the milk tea here soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

This place is known for its milk tea.

It was a bit too sweet for my liking. But it does have an "old school" tea taste.

Not sure if they do a non sweetened version.

They also sell some standard sandwiches.