“The food was great ”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastico.

We enjoyed the food.

When we finished eating we realized we had to pay at the counter......

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a birthday dinner. We got straight in on a Sunday night without waiting or a reservation. The service was attentive and food was average. Reasonable portion sizes and ok quality but nothing too special. The best thing was we got a free order of chicken wings because it was a birthday. All we had to do was show ID.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Smoket Joe's Tainan: Wanted to check in for a burger and beer. Agreed to a 400 ccm Hoegaaden draft beer. A 250 ccm Glass is coming, and they want to charge me the price for 400 ccm. And now comes the joke: a waiter with bad breath explains me that the difference between the 250 ccm and the 400 ccm are made up by the 1 cm difference between the 250 ccm mark and the top of the glass.
Please, could somebody teach the guys there some math and how to brush their teeth? Thanks!

1  Thank lo-luan x
Reviewed 21 December 2016

What makes you choose a restaurant? In my opinion food of course, but I think
Good customer service helps restaurants stand Out .
They let people to feel welcome, and they take the time to ensure their customers are in good hands from the moment they step inside.
On top that, they have huge menu -The food was amazing,, from preparation to presentation, very pleasing. meals reasonably price .Good place to relax and meet friends. Service was very good and servers were kind, friendly and helpful . Love it all and want to come back to visit soon. Good restaurants deserve to be rewarded with our custom.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

My friend and I ducked in here after an unsuccesful hunt for street tacos (turns out that place has closed down)... Unfortunately Smokey Joe's left me with a much lighter wallet, an unsatisfied belly and a feeling of hard done by...

We were initially impressed with the quirky decorations and decor but were awkwardly ushered to our seats by no less than four service staff. Our waitress impatiently waited immediately for our food orders then came back a couple of minutes later after we asked for time to actually peruse the menu. We both ordered burritos. My friend asked for the pulled pork (which she said was reasonably tasty though lacking in condiments) and I ordered the beans without cheese or sour cream. It arrived without the guacomole promised on the menu and drowned under a sea of iceberg lettuce. The burrito was completely flavourless. Definitely the worst burrito I've ever had. I actually can't fathom how it could have been so bland. I tried to flag down the waitress to ask for the guacomole but she ignored our table, joking pleasantly with another table for a while and then artfully avoiding us.

Eventually I gave up and ate what I had then we flagged down another waitress to ask for the bill. We then had to wait a while to flag down someone else to pay. This was during lunch but there were only about 6 tables of patrons and at least 7 staff members serving. No idea why the service was so random.

Noone checked in if we were enjoying our meals, nor asked at the end. They also tack on a 10% service fee after the bill.

This seems to be a place that gets by on its decor, inconsistent menu quality and the haphazard service of occasionally friendly staff. Based on my lack of service and horrible food I would not go back to any of their restaurants nor would I recommend it to others.

2  Thank Manda B
Yvonnetin, 客戶關係經理 at Smokey Joe's(Kaohsiung Jhongsiao), responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thank you Manda B for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about the expericen you had while staying with us. We'll ensure it will not happen again.

May I please know the exactly time and date you stayed with us? We are taking this matters very seriously.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again!

Sincerely