“Friendly English speaking staff”

ROBIN's Grill & Teppan - Silksplace Tainan
Price range: US$25 - US$146
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Neighborhood: West Central District/ North District
Description: An extension of the Regent Taipei's iconic restaurant, it offers fresh and bountiful salad bar filled with locally grown fruits and vegetables and organic produce. Experienced head chef artfully prepares grilled, premium beef and fresh seafood, perfectly presenting each food ingredients' original flavors. Teppanyaki cuisine employs exquisite French plate presentation, offering a premium and lavish dining experience. Select an appropriate vintage from the wine cellar to further highlight your discerning gourmet taste. Teppan is equipped with four independent VIP rooms that can each house 6 to 8 persons, offering guests a private dining area with no interruptions. Floor Location:First Floor Seat Capacity/Private Dining Room Grill 140 seats /Teppan 40 seats Special Notice Corkage fee of NT$500 per bottle of wine and NT$1000 per bottle of spirit will be applied.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've visited this place alone. I paid 2310 Taiwan Dollar for a whole menu: salad bar, soup, steak, dessert bar, 2 glasses wine and coffee. The steak was good but I have eaten already better steak before. The English speaking staff is very friendly. One negative point was that, during I was drinking my coffee and, I still need to eat my dessert, the manager asked to pay the bill. So I did that but I had a bad feeling about that.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My family of five had the pleasure of dining here during our stay at Silks Place Tainan. We had our own private room and teppanyaki chef. It was sort of a date night with my wife and kids. I just wanted them to feel spoiled, and ROBIN's Grill did just that AND more. The food prepared on the grill was heavenly, but even their salad bar was crazy good, feature many types of lettuce and greens, smoked salmon, shrimp, ham, European bread with cheese and butter. The DESSERT BAR was to-die-for, especially for the kids. They couldn't get over the all-you-can-eat Haagen Dasz bar.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Robin's grill is on the hotels first level and is also where the western breakfast is served. I had both breakfast and a late dinner here. The breakfast was great and offered a wide variety of food.

For dinner and I a USDA steak dinner that was wonderful after a long day of seeing the local sites. It is not "cheap eats" but well worth the price if you want a 5 star meal.

The service was fantastic both English and Chinese are spoken and I would imagine there is some Japanese spoken as well.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Yummy and juicy steak, fresh buffet, delicious desserts and great service! You can't find another place like Silks Place Tainan!

Reviewed 5 May 2015

I had excellent food at Robin's grill and very nice service by the staff. They have captains who speak very good english so you can communicate your eating habits to them. Must try the Salad bar at the entry and fresh catch of the day from set sea food menu... Also try their Smoked salmon.. just lovely.