“Reasonably Good Japaneses Lunch”
Review of Mei Guan Yuan

Mei Guan Yuan
Ranked #63 of 678 Restaurants in Wanhua
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Was choosing between Addiction Aquatic Development, or any Japanese restaurants near our hotel near Ximen station. Due to poor weather and inconvenience trasnsport, we finally settled down in Mei Guan Yuan to have our Japanese lunch.

Service was good, and we were attended by an nice and experience waiter who made sound recommendation after hearing what we like to try. Sushi and sashimi were all very fresh. Price were reasonable.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I am quite surprised by all the reviews. Believing that since this place was open a long long time ago, I am assuming it must have the atmosphere and the food right. At least, they have to figured out. The sashimi we ordered we not fresh, price is high but portion is certain generous. The presentation, service, and quality of food are very poor. The set up reminds me of some cheap chinese restaurants in any China town across the globe. It's nothing close to being a Japanese one. We are actually afraid to finish our raw food. It's not very hygienic either, which is surprising for a Japanese place. Overall, stay away!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This restaurant serves a semi-traditional mix of Japanese and Taiwanese cuisine. All the food that we order are surprisingly good and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the bacon & vegetable rolls and the tempura special.

1  Thank yfylou
Reviewed 12 August 2017

A Must go if you are around ximeding.Value for money,food is very fresh, non greasy most interesting is I enjoy observing the great cooperation from the staffs. They are very attentive to your needs ,hard to come by nowadays if you guys know what I mean.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Sushi is more Taiwanese style than Japanese, not up to my taste. Tempura very, very average. There are better places in Taipei