“XLBs are a must order!”
Review of Jingding Xiaoguan

Jingding Xiaoguan
Ranked #9 of 1,433 Restaurants in Songshan
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We had lunch on our last day in Taipei. It wasn't too crowded as we came pretty late, ordering their oolong xiaolongbao(xlb), dry tossed noodles and chicken soup. The xlbs were excellent, with flavorful minced meat encased in uber thin skin. Clearly, the dim sum chef here is extremely skilled to be able to achieve this. The oolong tea taste was very faint and went surprisingly well with dumpling. The noodles and chicken soup were good too but nothing in comparision with the xlbs. Will definitely come back again next time to try other flavors!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I had breakfast here on my last day in Taipei. I read some promising reviews about the place and wanted to try it out for myself. The xiao long bao there was excellent and service was good. This unassuming restaurant in a residential area of Taipei surprised me with it's good quality and reasonably priced dim sum. I'd recommend it.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best Xiao Long Bao and Beef Noodle in Taipei. Not well know like Ding Tai Feng but there are often many local and foreigner customer.
Portion is generous and service is excellent.
Price is very very reasonable.
Only cash accepted.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Jingding Xiaoguan is my recent favorite place in Taipei to have xiaolongbao. Their tasty steamed fish dumplings and luffa xiaolongbao are the reason for me to visit again and again.

這家店是我近期在台北吃小籠包蠻常去的餐廳。除了他們的小籠包,鮮魚蒸餃和絲瓜蝦仁小包是讓我一訪再訪的原因,非常好吃。

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

First, let me be fair, our expectation was probably set too high...

My family and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental nearby and this restaurant was recommended by the concierge. It was also featured in our guidebook and rated highly on Trip Advisor, hence we came with a very high expectation.

Unfortunately, the food failed to live up to our expectation by a mile. We ordered a few simple dishes - xiao long bao (steamed pork buns), noodles with fried pork chop, and stir-fried vegetable. The steamed pork buns were very average and not flavorful. The pork chop was chewy and has no taste - Jun Yue pork chop across the street offers a much tastier, crispier, and more satisfying version of the same dish. The stir-fried vegetable was very "home-made", in the sense that any Tom, Dick, and Harry could have made it at home and it would taste the same if not better.

If I had just walked into this restaurant by chance, I would have rated it average, i.e. 3 stars. But given how highly rated it is by other diners, I feel obliged to tell it the way it is - it is totally unremarkable and not worth a visit. There are plenty of better restaurants around in a city known for steamed pork buns.

1  Thank Tommy L