“Best in class western veggie menu”
Review of Mia Cucina

Mia Cucina
Ranked #15 of 1,243 Restaurants in Shilin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Taipei has a wonderful veggie restaurant featured by diversity of food. Many of them are of buffets. That's a key driver to win TAIPEI the fame of best expat city.

But at times people get home sick. Like ratatouille in France (learned from Disney movie). Where the heck do you turn to with veggie menu.

This is it. Cozy, cold to death AC, great food. With my spoiled appetite, this is the first time experience to genuinely devour Italian food in veggie.

Waitresses a bit lukewarm but seem nice. Hope they not underpaid or overworked.

Wow .... need to cut it short. My pasta is coming.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I love Mia Cucina's amazing vegetarian selection of salads, flatbreads, paninis, pasta, desserts and drinks. The quality is very high. The prices are also very high though. A salad or a flatbread is almost 400 NT. They are definitely big enough to share or take leftovers for lunch the next day, but still. Expensive.
The desserts are mostly good, but sometimes seem like they've been refrigerated for a few days.
The location between Zhishan MRT and TianMu Soho is very convenient when they have shaded outdoor seating, a real rarity in Taipei but which I very much enjoy.
There is usually a wait person who speaks good English but sometimes the restaurant has weird seating. I understand they want to keep big tables open for big parties, but when my friend and I arrived on a Tuesday evening at 6pm, we were seated at a tiny table in the furthest corner despite a near empty restaurant. When we asked to move to a bigger table (we were both ordering lots so we'd have leftovers for lunch, and knew from experience that the plates and bowls are humongous (well beyond the contents) and would not physically fit on our table. The waitress had to ask permission 2 or 3 times from someone before we were allowed to move. Similarly I've been in at busy weekend times and they had tables they wouldn't let us sit at because it was reserved even though the reservation wasn't for another 2 hours!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Fully vegetarian restaurant. They serve delicious flat breads , pastas , salads and desserts. Clean restaurant . Good service. Free wifi.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017

My wife and I just had lunch here today. If you really just feel the need to eat a good salad, this is a great place to come. I love their salads (they have a very good mixture of fruit along with veggies). The price is not bad...for 2 salads and a artichoke cheese sandwich, it came out to about 1200 NTD. I think the service is very good, the food is very good and it's kind of a happening place ! :o) The restaurant holds about 50-60 people...so it gets a bit noisy and it was a little difficult to hear my wife when we were on our date...but after the lunch crowd cleared out, it was a very nice place to hang-out and talk.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to give this place a four star, but gave three star due to inflexible attitude of the staff during my latest visit, (hoping that lower rating would get management's attention to my review). I have been there many times before and staff was always polite and offered substitutions due to some of my dietary restrictions. However, during my latest visit, I ordered a Panini mushroom sandwich. I asked them not to put cheese in my sandwich as I am vegan. The waitress said they can not do that. I was surprised why they could not do so as not putting cheese in sandwich is no big deal. I told her that I am vegan and was able to convince her not to put cheese. Also the sandwich had pesto dressing. I am bit allergic to pesto, so I asked her if they could use other dressing (such as sweet mustard or sesame dressing as those were the dressings they used in some of their other sandwiches). She said no to that. I told her that I am allergic to pesto, so she checked with someone over microphone and told me that no they can not substitute the dressing. I think that that was quite inflexible considering my allergy situation and the fact that I was not asking for a big change. Anyway, I left (angrily) without ordering food.

Date of visit: January 2017