“BEST IN TAIPEI ”

Moksha indian restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,219 Restaurants in Shilin
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Description: Moksha indian restaurant situated in very nice location sarrounded by offices and mall.its a nice place to hang out. moksha indian restaurant serves you authentic indian food, with amazing ambience to see and many antique. i m sure very hard to find in any other restaurant. we r also considered childrens are the special for every one thats why. we serve childrens menu to feel them special.
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I heard so much about this restaurant from friends and family that we decided to go there and I was so glad that I did. It is extremely beautifully done inside, makes you feel home and familiarize the others what India stands for. Food was so tasty , place was so clean and staff was so friendly. So all in all a superb experience. Well done Moksha

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I have had indian food all my life and in taipei too, but moksha took it to another level. The food prepared by chef mohan and team jad love bestoed upon it. My taste buds went for a joyful ride during dinner there. In heart of shilin this place has great atmosphere and indian feel to it. Great place, great people try the dosa atleast once

2  Thank Pratik G
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Easily my top 3 picks after trying Indian Food in upwards of 30 countries around the world!! From Dabeli in starters to evergreen Dal Makhni, the food reminds you of Bukhara in New Delhi!! Well done Mohan Sharma!!

1  Thank PagarwalIndia
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Taipei is rapidly becoming one of the trendiest spots in Taiwan, for foodies seeking an authentic Indian dining experience. And one of those hot spots is Moksha's Indian Restaurant. Conveniently located on Zhongshan North Road, Section 6 across from the Tianmu Sogo Department Store, Moksha's Indian Restaurant is easy to reach. Once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by the tasteful ambiance. Indian art pieces decorated the restaurant's walls, tables were well-spaced and the chairs comfortable. These are important considerations, if one will be sitting for long periods of time. We ordered the buttered chicken and it was delicious. There were no bones or gristle and it was baked the traditional Indian way using a clay pot. It was prepared to perfection. The sauce was a delicate blend of traditional spices and was also perfect for dipping hot pieces of naan into it. The service was impeccable and when one of our party accidently dropped his fork onto the floor, it was immediately replaced with a smile. We were also told that if we needed anything else or had any suggestions or questions pertaining to our dining experience to please share them with the manager, chef and staff. We all agreed that our dinner at Moksha's Indian Restaurant was a memorable fine dining experience.

1  Thank dustyrose23
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I stopped in here after reading the many great reviews. The atmosphere is pleasant as is management and service. I ordered Butter Chicken and some Garlic Naan. The Naan was very good. It was flaky, crisp and flavorful. Especially with the hot Butter Chicken sauce. However, once I sampled the Chicken in the dish I was no longer impressed. The Chicken was full of gristle and some bone. It had a very weird color to it. Additionally the sauce which may have been the most rich and creamy I have ever had was a tough eat as it cooled down. I really wanted to like the food here as the atmosphere and people were nice. The food just had too many flaws for me.

1  Thank Toddb62
Management response:Responded 30 April 2018

Greetings!!!!
We are really thankfull for your valuable feedback which you shared with us and we are really glad you enjoyed our place , just to let you know we don’t have any bone in any of the gravy of chick , fish and lamb preparation and as we cooked our chicken in clay oven , you may felt the smell of the chicken odd but it is smoky flavor , may be that makes your pallet uncomfortable and the quality and taste of the chicken we are using is top notch quality , the actual butter chicken we use chicken leg thigh part. Chicken first get marinated with yoghurt and indian spices and later cooked in clay oven to give a smoky flavor which enhances the taste and then finally chicken cooked with butter chicken sauce. As you mentioned it was full of butter and cream , yes it’s full of butter and cream because that’s how butter chicken should made .as it should be very rich gravy . We apologize it was not upto your standard but this is our recipe and so far we haven’t got any complaints on this recipe. It’s one of the highest moving dish in our restaurant. As every country has different meat of quality and taste. This what we get here in this country .We don’t compromise with our food quality. We respect your feedback and next time if you visit our restaurant can suggest you those dish which are not very rich with butter and cream . Thanking you
MOKSHA INDIAN RESTAURANT