“Different from Others!!!! ”

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived, we found this night market totally different from those in Taipei. Many games stall, food stalls, street singers, spacious, n less crowded. Worth a visit!

Many Taiwan variety shows have recommended many food stalls here which we have tried.

E.g. 棺材板,嘟论 (roasted rice cake muchi in peanut butter n powder), fried rice (nice!), 龙须菜 (first time we ate! Not bad taste), fried mutton noodles ( so so..), 黑丸grass jelly, 山猪肉香肠 (yummy! Tender!), 润饼 (popiah), 弹珠汽水,咸水鸡(not nice here! Taipei ones better).

1  Thank Long Long T
"hualien"
in 19 reviews
"sauce"

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

There are many food stalls selling a good variety of tasty Taiwan snacks. Compared with other night markets, Zhiqiang Night Market has many stalls selling seafood, in particular, bbq seafood on sticks. We just need to pick and choose the seafood sticks and the stakeholders will barbecue them and top up the sticks with flavorful sauces. There are also many stalls that sell cooked dishes with tables and chairs for patrons to sit down and enjoy their meals at the back of their stalls. The Night Market is also very clean with wide walkway. So we didn't have to squeeze our way through. One of the better Night Markets around in Taiwan.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

On the overall, the zhi qiang nightmarket was alright. Has lots of variety of food but not much for shopping. Happened to come across a variety show that introduced this hair perfume that could help provide some radiance to the hair. So coincidentally i visited the night market and saw this one and only store that sells perfumes to happen to sell this hair perfume.

The store name is magic perfume (refer to pic).

I originally intended to buy only perfume for the car, suddenly as though the owner could read my mind (so much for calling her store "magic perfume"), there came along someone else who was playing the role of a customer (who knows if this person is a prearranged accomplice?) to show great interest in the hair perfume and even offered her own hair to do demonstration on.

I was convinced the hair perfume works and she started introducing me the solid perfume (for body/clothes) to give me a bundled price. Still it ain't cheap. I spent 700twd at this store and gosh, i was disappointed when i got back to my hotel.

She was supposed to give me a new can of solid perfume, looked at what happened! (Refer to pic)

1) The solid perfume can is extremely difficult to open :(
2) Managed to open it once and turned out the insides are all rusty, gosh! (Look at the rust stained tissues! How gross!) after i capped it back on i cannot open it again :(
3) The solid perfume turned out all mashed up :(
4) Gosh, she sold me expired goods!!! Visited on 28 june 2017, the can of solid perfume shows "Exp 09 2015".

I can't believe i totally left out checking for expiry date. Totally breached my trust for her. Totally ruined my impression for the service industry in taiwan. And totally ruined my day!!!

I went back earlier just now (29 june 2017), guess what?! She closed her store! I was thinking of getting a refund or exchange, now i can never do that. Beware everyone! Such dishonesty will get her karma!

3  Thank RinT57
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I love this night market. It is clean and spacious with a carnival atmosphere. There are games stalls and food stalls with plently of seats at the back of each stalls. Easy to get there and back to your B&B vide cabs.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Recently the night markets was relocated to this area instead of several locations. Although some stalls were open just after 5 pm it did not really get going until after 6 pm. However i wandered around and tried two or three different snacks and fruit drinks, all of them delicious. There are seating areas too, if you are lucky enough. There are many stalls but not so many signs in English so i just pointed to what i wanted. The market is located very near the sea and there was a pleasant breeze.