“Very nice place ”

Tasty Steak (Hualien Guolian Branch)
Ranked #40 of 423 Restaurants in Hualien City
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Delisios food. Beautiful dishes. Very tasty ! Good service . Staff speaks English. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Tasty, one of the restaurants under WowPrime, has long been welcomed and frequented by Taiwanese when it comes to occasions like birthday, anniversary, business meetings and other important events. Two years ago, Mr. Dai, then WowPrime CEO, announced retirement unexpectedly and stepped down. Curiously, since then, its affiliated restaurants, especially Tasty Steak and Tokiya, their food started to taste different, though the descriptions on the menus remain the same.
We've been let down by Tokiya earlier this year, but we were suckered punched by Tasty this time. Average apéritif, not-so-impressive main course...we packed half of the ordered food home and wonder what's wrong with its name.

1  Thank brianspierre
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We got the tickets for train departing at 2pm but checked out at 11am. There won’t be too many Starbucks (well, there are two, if I remember correctly) in Hualien.
The easiest way to spend my time, it turns out, is to book a table at this Guo Lian steak restaurant at a stone’s throw from the train station. There was good service, and nice steak. My daughter could play at the park, within my vision (when we got a window table on second floor).
Perfect match.

4  Thank ckm818
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Visited with a friend in July. My friend had the fish and chicken combo and I had the breaded steak along with the salad (New Orleans I think). We both liked our respective meals. Service was good and attentive, English menus, and attractive presentations.
It was very hot and humid outside and unfortunately, still not as cool as we would have liked inside.
Good food and I would visit again.

2  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We were recommended to this place by our guide for a reasonably price steak whilst in Hualien. It is located just about 5 - 7 mins walk from the train station. Service staff were really polite and welcoming, checking on you to make sure good is okay and topping up your drinks. You can also request for more of the side dishes at no extra cost. We ordered a steak set meal (NT$570 including 10% service charge) which came in several courses (salad, soup with toast, starter, steak, dessert and beverage). Lovely place!