“Only 200NTD”

Chang Chun Teng Vegetarian
Ranked #20 of 415 Restaurants in Hualien City
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Really great food for the amount you pay, and the dumplings!! Amazing! And so is the shaved ice dessert. You can have coffee and tea refills, just help yourself. I think you can get yourself a small tub of ice cream too. I only had the shaved ice for dessert. Would definitely come back here towards the end of my trip in Hualien!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This is by far the best buffet I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot. And the fact that it’s vegetarian makes it that much better. I was there yesterday and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. Or talking about it. They have so many options. And loads of veggies too. Everything is delicious. Everything. Wow. The place can change lives. It can maybe even save the world. I don’t know how they make such tasty food, and so many options! How do they do it? I don’t know. What a place. Wow.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

If you are heading to Hualien city, you must give Chang Chun Teng vegetarian buffet restaurant a try. Honestly it is a vegetarian’s dream come true; even a non-vegetarian will find this place awesome.

The variety of vegetarian dishes is sufficient. Most importantly the selections are all extremely delicious. Please note the price is super affordable (under $8 USD)!!!!! There are vegetarian buffet places in Taiwan that cost as much as $25 USD a person and serves crap; so a higher price doesn’t even mean good food. Also another positive about this place is that it replenishes the dishes extremely fast. I find that important because it is really annoying and disappointing when a buffet restaurant fails to replenish empty trays (I experienced this in a much more expensive vegetarian buffet place).

The restaurant also has a little storefront selling vegetarian food. I also see people buy take-out; that is most likely cheaper than eating inside as you try to stuff as much as possible into a box. Seriously, it is much more enjoyable to eat at the place.

Give this place a try if you are going to Hualien city. You will love it even if you aren’t a vegetarian. I have posted some photos of my favorite vegetarian dishes from this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Ivy Vegan Buffet (Chang Chun Teng Vegetarian Food) is the one and only vegan buffet one can find in downtown Hualien. Although the price has gone up, the quality and delightful eating experience remains the same. Just look at the crowd during dinner hours! (There's free parking space across the street, very convenient!)

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We went at 6 on a Tuesday and it was very busy but we managed to get seats (quick turnover). There was loads and loads of food to choose from, all high quality, as well as free water and green tea - it was 200 per person.

Dishes included a variety of soup, noodles, salads, spring rolls, sushi, sandwiches etc. (Hot and cold)