“Great food! Great people!”

Chicago Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #7 of 396 Restaurants in Hualien City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Chicago-themed restaurant featuring deep-dish pizza, homemade pasta, cannolis and Taiwan craft beer on tap. Warm atmosphere with booths, high-tops and seats at the bar. This is the second restaurant for the owner/chefs of the famous Salt Lick restaurant next door.
Reviewed July 12, 2017

While in Hualien for vacation, My boyfriend and I stopped at Chicago several times. We had the deep dish pizza, the regular pizza, their soup special, the Parmesan fries and some beers- and all of them were great! The delicious food plus the very nice and clean atmosphere made it an instant favorite. 10/10 would recommend!

Ben M, Owner at Chicago Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

We're always happy to see repeat customers. Thanks for coming by during your vacation.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

I once had the garlic parmesan fries for starter, they were sooo good that i kept eating them, by the time the main dish arrived, i was already half full. This time i came here with my friend, we ordered the fried calamari and greek salad for starters, and again they didn't fail to impress us. We loved the calarami, they were crunchy outside and tender inside, even better with the sauce that came with it. The portion for greek salad is huge. I've always loved cheese, vegies, vinegar and cherry tomatoes, through the process of consuming them, i felt joy built up in my heart, this is definately a place that welcomes vagetarians. As for the chicken marsala, i just have three words : Do try it.
I was lucky that day. Ben, the owner of the restaurent was even kind enough to buy me a Moscow mule, a new alcoholic drink that has just been put on the menu. I absolutely adore it! I don't know how but there were three layers of taste in one single sip.
This is a place that you won't leave unsatisfied.

Ben M, Owner at Chicago Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you for all the kind words and for being the taste tester of our Moscow Mule! We hope to see you again sometime soon :)

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here many times and I always leave satisfied. The food is delicious, the portions are big, and the atmosphere and decor make it feel like you're really in Chicago. They also have a good selection of beer on tap. Great place to hang out with friends.

Thank you for the review, Chad. We're glad you enjoyed all of our craft beer on tap. See you again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Well located in city center, nice environment and various menu.
Delicious pizza with tasty draft beers. Not cheap but worth for money.
Just service little bit too slow

Ben M, Owner at Chicago Restaurant and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the beer. We will work to make the service a bit quicker. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Came here after reading the highly rated reviews, boy were we disappointed!

Ordered a 12" hand tossed personalised pizza. Asked for mushroom and sausage toppings, after a long wait, turned out we were puzzled and asked the waitress where areour sausage toppings. She asked us to wait while she checks with the kitchen. She went away for barely 30 seconds coming out to point at some minced meat on our pizza and alleged that these "minced meat" are = sausage toppings. (Please refer to picture below and tell me if those looked like sausages to you )

Hello. We may have a infant with us but we are not 3 year old kids. I think even a 3 year old kid would know how sausages look like! I wonder if this waitress even genuinely checked with the kitchen at all? We didn't bother arguing with her when she alleged that the minced meat were sausages, but forcefully continued eating the pizza. We couldn't finish more than 2 slices cos' it tasted so horrible, we arranged for takeaway and threw everything away after that. Sigh. Waste of money and not satisfied with taste of food or service! The waitress also gave us the wrong change after that. Geez. Really not worth the money!!! (45USD for 1 pizza, 1 fettuccini, 1 tiny bowl of mac'n'cheese, some calamari rings). Oh and guess what, saltlick - the next store beside Chicago is probably also owned by the same boss! We saw the caucasian boss at saltlick after we left chicago!

1  Thank Rin T

The waitress was correct in her answer. We make our sausage in-house using fresh spices and herbs. We serve it on our pizzas without casing, which is the style you will find in Chicago as well as throughout the United States.

As with any confusion on an order, we would have been happy to exchange your pizza for another with other toppings.

Your observation was correct that we own the Salt Lick as well, where you can find authentic American smoked barbeque and a great crew of friendly waiters and waitresses that do their best to give our customers a special experience.