“brilliant couldn't complain”

Morris Dancers Beefeater
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

dropped in unexpectedly with the wife over the Easter holiday and was pleasantly surprised, food was cooked to perfection sea bass was great enjoyed it and the sweet was lovely plus the waiter was outstanding couldn't do enough for us talked us into buying a raffle ticket for an Easter egg and we won, had a great time. hadn't been in the Morris dancers for 47years or more, last time I was in it was a drinking pub and I sang a song on the mike accompanied by a piano, must admit I enjoyed that night as well

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Parking available on site.
Extensive menu serving a good range of meals.
Mid Range prices.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Met family as this was a half way point for everyone to get to. Arrived and had to call someone over for drinks after waiting for 20 mins or so. Food arrived again quite a while later. My son and I had the steak and triple cooked chips. I've seen pieces of ham bigger than the steak I got. My son's steak had a massive what I can only describe as a hard grizzly tube running through the middle which couldn't be cut so he hardly got 4 mouth fulls. The chips where over cooked with hardly any potato inside. I was to say the least very disappointed and wouldn't recommend my experience to future prospective customers. One good thing is the lady who served us was pleasent and it was lovely to see the family.

1  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Mother’s Day weekend on the Saturday evening. We didn’t think to book a table and it was hammered! The young lady who greeted us got us some drinks in the reception area and we only waited ten minutes before she came back and took us to a comfy table by the kitchen.
The atmosphere was great. We could see the chefs and team laughing and joking and working hard and included us in their fun. Our server (Simoney?) was really friendly and helped my husband decide which steak to have and his recommendation was bang on. He said it was the best steak on the menu and he was right! We could see the man who was in charge of the kitchen checking every dish and even sending some back that he wasn’t happy with which really impressed us.
The only down side was the desserts seemed to take quite a bit of time in comparison to everything else.
It was obvious the team were very busy. However, nothing was too much trouble and everyone had such a big smile. Massively impressed by the super service! We would definitely come back again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here for a change from the local restuarants in Southport and had a fair meal for a fiver (Gammon steak). The walls are in need of brightening up, as it looks a bit dingy when you first enter. Liked the selection of seating, did not feel as if I was too close to the other customers. They have a selection of meals for a fiver from lunch time to 6ish, which are quite good value. The evening prices looked a bit more expensive. Service was fair and staff pleasant.