Dumaluan Beach Resort
Priceline
US$2,882
US$1,436
Priceline
Bohol Beach Club(Panglao Island)
US$169
US$142
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

South Palms Resort(Panglao Island)
US$212
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$316/night.

US$237
Amorita Resort(Panglao)
US$515
US$399
  • Pool
Dream Native Resort(Panglao Island)
US$101
All reviewsbeach frontfree breakfastlive bandpresidential suitehot and cold showerpanglao islandpeak seasonwhite sand beachsea urchinsfamily vacationcable tvtelephonetoursphp
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This hotel could be so good but it is let down by bad service. The location is right on a lovely beach, the rooms are old, but generally large. We were a group of 9 and stayed in 5 different room types. Most of the rooms require renovation.
There is a large restaurant area with an extensive menu, but the service staff are reluctant to be helpful and make eating here a chore. They seem disinterested in serving you and reluctant to answer any questions about the menu. The quality of the food is very average. The breakfast buffet options were limited and the quality was average at best .
We stayed for 3 nights in a Dumaluan Suite room. It was a huge room, but had no wardrobe space at all... nowhere to hang our clothes, just a small chest of drawers. There was a television that did not work. The only phone on our floor (near the stairway) did not work. To contact reception, we needed to go there personally.
We had a hot shower only once during our stay. We repeatedly asked about the hot water and were told that there was nothing wrong with it by some staff and that it was being looked at by other staff. Thankfully it was very hot while we were there, so we were able to manage having cold showers, but this was not good for washing hair.
The safety deposit box in our room was locked and we could not use it. We asked many times for it to be opened, but nobody ever came to look at it.
The staff at reception were disinterested in any of our requests for assistance.
The wifi was patchy and only available near reception or the restaurant.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes by taxi from Alona beach. We travelled there each day to eat and go shopping. If I ever return to Bohol (which is lovely) I would stay in the Alona Beach area for sure.
I do not recommend this hotel at all. This hotel was chosen by someone else in our group or I would not have chosen to stay here. Believe all of the bad reviews.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank LSC63
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs new management with 'boots on the ground' since many of the problems are staff related.
Of course some staff are doing a good job, but way to many does not understand that their behavior is not ok , examples:

* restaurant staff that openly ignores when you are trying to order. Or delivers the food without a word, does not respond when you leave and try to say thank you and goodbye. Food and drinks gets delivered randomly and in no logical order.
During breakfast staff rather openly watch YouTube than attend to guests!

* maintenance staff that starts hammering at 6.45 AM right outside the room(!!!) Does not wake you up with a smile

* frontdesk staff that either doesn't know much of getting around or doesn't want to help.

Besides this the hotel is ok, nice pool area, the dumuluan beach is beautiful. Beware that you are very isolated here. Besides the 2 closest super high end resorts you cannot walk to any restaurant so therefore you have to eat at the hotel. The food is nice though and there is live music.

There is only limited WiFi in the restaurant, which is really not ok for a hotel at this size.
We stayed in the presidential suite, had two TV sets, but no WiFi, no complementary water,, nothing extra

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank bslask
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

we got there recommended with no reservation. they managed to accommodate us in one of their native bungalows. simple, but clean, with access to the white coral beach. a decent room for a decent price. the resort, just ignore it. sad for such a privileged location. ugly main building, hidden away pool, nowhere and no infrastructure (eg. beach chair) to relax, a restaurant that screams for service quality.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The place is really nice, considering that it's the only resort in the beach area offering a swimming pool. Loungers are available in the beach area and the restaurant is large enough to accommodate guests, especially during breakfast. Our room is on the second floor and was able to accommodate the four of us (Cost is Php 4,900/night). Wi-fi strength is not good in our room. There's not bath mat, which is kind of my pet peeve! But there put plenty of toiletries supply in our bathroom. There's a refrigerator in our room as well as a balcony. However, mosquitoes are rampant in the evening so avoid opening the door too often. The room is kind of dim-lit (no white light, all yellow bulbs). The hotel offers airport transfer (to Tacloban airport) for Php 600. It's about 30 minutes away from the Panglao town proper, Panglao Church, and the nearest 711 store.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mia P
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I almost never post negative reviews but these people are brutal. After finishing a lovely dinner close by, I felt like having an after dinner drink along the beach. As I entered the parking lot an employee yelled out at me asking where I was going. "Hi, how are you tonight?" I asked. "I'd like to go have a birthday drink at your bar!" At that point I was brisky asked "Where you staying!" I replied with good humour that I was staying close by and asked whether the bar was open to the public. At that point, said employee demanded I pay an entrance fee, I guess for walking on the sand on the way to spending hundreds of pesos at their own establishment. I said I would happily pay money at the bar, and if that was a problem I'd like to speak to the manager. I'm in this business back home so I was reasonably calm and polite. The response was the employee yelling "Guard! Guard!" I shrugged and walked in anyway, past the bar, along the beach to the next establishment that was more than happy to accept my business. Still shaking my head.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo