US$260
Priceline
US$470
US$423
  • Breakfast included
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu(Meedhupparu Island)
US$164
US$153
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Dhigufaru Island Resort(Dhigu faru Island)
US$294
US$212
US$1,835
US$1,547
US$1,700
  • Pool
Milaidhoo Island Maldives(Milaidhoo Island)
US$1,200
Amilla Fushi(Baa Atoll)
US$742
US$683
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$924/night.

All reviewspatio doorson stiltsoctopusmarine lifeeagle raysnegative pointssunset barshower gelmain restaurantdive centreall inclusive packagehigh tidehis teamair connice sizewater villaspecial thanks
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Reethi Faru resort in March, in a garden villa. All in all we loved our stay, though we should emphasize that it was our first time in the Maldives, and we wanted to highlight some plus and minuses:

Positive:

- beautiful villa
- great buffet with a lot of variety
- Wonderful staff, from the Maldivian receptionist to the waiter delivering room service on his bicycle, they were all lovely
- Try the Reethi Grill! The atmosphere is very romantic, the food is great, and the service by Moosa is fantastic
- Nala Bar has tasty ice syrup and the bartender Vivek is great for a good laugh
- We liked the outside bathroom with two showers, so that two people can shower at the same time
- The hot oil massage in the spa was very relaxing
- We spent our days on the regular beach and liked the fact that there were two ways to get to the outer reef. We saw turtles, an octopus, a stingray, many sharks, dolphins, and many beautiful fish, and that all without joining the diving school.

Negatives:

- The Manager of the spa promised me a 10% discount on my facial treatment, which I never got. It was also difficult to understand her, as her English is very poor.
- We had lots of ants on our toilet and below the toilet seat every evening
- Nearly every day we had a terrible smell in our villa coming from the sewage in the bathroom. We experienced this as a huge negative factor
- It took me 20 minutes the first time I tried to find the spa and was subsequently late for my appointment. There is a lack of signs to the spa. I understand that the owner of the spa is a third party, but you cannot promote spa treatments and then not put up clear signs directing guests to the spa. Interestingly most employees I asked could also not give me clear directions.
- TUI told us the resort was finished, but on the beach we could constantly hear the construction workers building something behind us. They were quite loud and on multiple days we collected trash that they had left on the beach.

All in all we decided that for us the overall experience was positive because of the friendly staff, the great food, and the stunning view both outside and inside the water. We do understand however, that if you go to Reethi Faru and have high expectations, you might be disappointed. We had no expectations and were therefor pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SJHCBW
Haleem L, Operations Manager at Reethi Faru Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear SJHCBW,

Warm Greetings form Reethi Faru - a jewel in the Maldives.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing Reethi Faru Resort during your first time visit in the Maldives.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our stunning beach villa, the wide-variety of food and drinks our different restaurant and bar have to offer and the commitment of our staff. I will definitely convey your kind words to Vivek and Moosa and as well as the rest of our staff.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, rest assured that we will take that on board for further improvement of the resort.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our little paradise very soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I've read a few of the reviews but my thoughts of the island are a mixed bag. I returned from this island a couple of weeks ago and here are my thoughts.

We stayed in a deluxe villa - spacious and beautifully decorated. They definitely have the wow factor. The rooms can be accessed from the garden side with a key (don't lose it or you will have to pay $100) and there is also a patio door which accesses the beach side, unfortunately the patio doors can only be locked from the inside which is a bit of a nuisance, no handle on outside to open. Would suggest this be changed. The bathrooms in the deluxe villas have a bath and an outside shower, really nice. I found it unusual that there was no bin in the toilet, nowhere nor nothing to dispose of sanitary products, however there is a bin in the bedroom.

Directly outside the villa is the usual patio, nice size, lots of greenery as expected but a lack of beach where the beds are in some areas. We actually asked to change our room due to this and it was suggested to us to have a look around the island and see what suited us as could be easily changed since the island was not fully occupied, 70% approx. We did this and returned to reception the following day with a couple of options for a change of room but the first choice room was occupied and the other was a jacuzzi and we were advised we could change but at an additional cost of $35 + tax per night as it was an upgrade. We declined. We got used to the lack of space but initially it was disappointing.

The food choice is not great, limited especially for non meat eaters. I do not eat meat but I do eat fish so I was OK. Over the 10 days of our holiday I noticed mainly meat dishes, very limited for vegetarians, veg curry every night. The veg soup is often made with chicken stock, good that the chef was honest. A lot of the salad has meat in it. I definitely would not recommend this island to vegetarians. My other half is a meat eater and never went hungry. Also a very limited selection of pastries and fruit in the morning.

Evening meal time is from 1930 to 2130 hours but by 2030 hours food is lacking and replacements are slow in coming. Lids of host dishes are constantly left off by other guests which makes the food go cold and flies go on them. We felt there was a lack of staff in the restaurants, very noticeable on busy nights. OK when restaurant was half empty.

The snorkelling isn't that great, there does appear to be a lack of marine life. The coral is unfortunately dead. We did go on a snorkelling trip to Manta point and it was excellent. My other half is a diver and he had no complaints there.

The swimming pool is of a great size. The gym is a decent size with sufficient equipment but both the x trainers and the bikes have no holders for drink bottles which is definitely required. Great views while working out, however right in front of the views sits the cargo boat for rubbish. The options of the gym classes are a nice to have but expensive.

The Spa area looks lovely and will be even more so once finished. We felt that the treatments were expensive but we did try the complimentary one and it was excellent.

The whole island is spacious, big luxurious spacious buildings, probably the biggest island we have visited. Once the greenery has all grown it will be stunning.

There is still a lot of building works going on and evening work on foundations. We assumed all works would be completed by this time.

We attended Management cocktails on Monday evening, we had a lovely time chatting with other guests but very disappointed with the lack of Management that were actually there. There was not much of a turn out from other guests either but may be due to it not being advertised that well, at other islands we have been notified by memo. Not one Manager approached our group for conversation and we thought the whole point of these events was to get feedback from the guests.

We noticed a lot of litter on the islands, plastic bottles etc. In the morning the workers do go round the island and sweep up but we noticed that they do not go out of the pathway. Also, on other islands the workers have carried dustbin sacks or wheelbarrows to carry the litter but the workers on this island had nothing so we do not know 'exactly' what they did with the litter they came across but we did see one of them digging a hole and burying something.

There were a few other niggles on this holiday which did annoy us a little but we let it go. This island felt a lot different to others that we had been on and speaking with other guests they felt the same.

We have been to Maldives previously 6 times on 4 different islands and will continue to return, not sure if we would return to this one. Overall we had a good time, what is there not to like while in the Maldives!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Chubbah1
Haleem L, Operations Manager at Reethi Faru Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Chubbah1,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at Reethi Faru Resort.

Thank you for your word of praise as well as your very detailed and constructive feedback. Rest assured that this have been shared with our whole Management team since we feel that your opinion will play a huge role to improve our performance.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back to Reethi Faru Resort.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

After a long consideration of the natural environment, I chose this resort.
Although the coral was almost dead(Bleached), the sea life was excellent.
The most impressive point is the restaurant staff.
As this resort was opened at December 2017, slightly disappointing part was exist.
(1. some villa was still under-construction.
2. Lack of excursion programs in the resort, like a feeding Sting-ray or baby-shark
3. Snorkeling equipment rental fee policy)
But the restaurant was excellent.
Everyday the theme was changed. So I did not get tired of the food.
Especially, the staff at the restaurant was impressive
(Mr Anshooz and Samaam)
As a kindness, perfect service of them, my family always waited the dining time.
Because of the conversation I had with them, I could learn more about the Maldives and have friends.

The restaurant staff's kindness was most impressive !!!

Room Tip: Graden villa was too hard to approach a beach.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Kyungho R

Dear Kyungho,

A Sunny Greetings from Reethi Faru Resort - a Jewel in the Maldives.

Thank you for taking your time to post a review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in Reethi Faru Resort.

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our restuarant and the variety of food we serve as well as the service and friendliness of our team. Rest assured that your comments will be shared to the entire team as well as to Anshooz and Samaam who made your dining time a very memorable one.

Thank you for your constructive feedback which we will definitely take on board for further improvement of the resort.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in near future to create further awesome memories on our fantastic island.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I am due to leave this fabulous place tomorrow and Im definitely dreading to go back to the city! It’s simply gorgeous here. The amenities and rooms are new and in pristine condition. I love how well thought of the rooms are functionally (kudos to the architect n designer) and appreciate the non use of plastic in the room.. The rooms were cleaned twice a day and in line with the eco theme, the resort should give us a choice on the frequency we wish to change the towels and bed linen.I would also add a laundry line.

As for food, we had all of our breakfast and dinners at the Vakaru restaurant. The food was ok. I enjoyed the variety of salads the most but thought the dessert was a bit too sweet (for me at least). I would also appreciated if they provided free water as well during dinner (it was 5USD per bottle) as this is something basic. Breakfast was heavy on the western type but thankfully there was a bit of a variety.

For those needing a stretch, there is a gym with free 30 minutes yoga 3 times a week. I gave it a try and it was not too bad..The yoga is catered for beginners with instructions in English. There are longer yoga classes though for a price.

We also had a go with the turtle spotting snorkelling trip with the dive centre. The prices are indeed steep (approximately 50USD inclusive taxes) but as expected, the service was impeccable. Clear instructions, divers pointing out where turtles are and a nice traditional boat ride with a cup of tea at the end of the trip. It was nice seeing a few turtles but we found them on our own by the hotel’s reef as well. We found different types of fishes by just snorkelling around the resort so in hindsight, I should have given the turtle snorkelling trip a miss as there was hardly any fishes. The corals around the island are unfortunately bleached and we hope its regrows again. The marine life however makes up for it somewhat ( if you’re lucky!).

On the overall we had a good relaxing stay in this resort and I would love to come back!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank emelyn_alexander
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Transfers - we opted for the domestic transfers, flight (20 min) and a speedboat (30 min). We loved it, the views from the flight are beautiful and the speedboat is amazing feeling as you speed through the Indian Ocean with wind hitting your face. You feel like you have truly escaped the hectic city life.

Check-in - a little hectic and a bit disorganised. The welcome coconut water in the actual coconut was great . We were eventually shown to our beach front jacuzzi villa. I would say they should just have one person check you in and show you to your room rather than 3 different people. After a 16 hour journey the last thing you want is a whole load of unnecessary information (after all it’s a small resort island). I would also say that once we are shown to our room, the attendants (3 again) 1 receptionist and 2 luggage people shown just leave rather than making small talk waiting for a tip. We felt forced to tip otherwise we would not be left alone.

Room - no faults, clean, modern and stunning. Amazing air conditioning, and trust me you need it. The bathroom is incredible. Loved it. You should include a fully stocked mini bar, as this would be great for relaxing on the patio etc.

Our Patio - amazing again, with a lovely jacuzzi and an amazing view to the beach with that amazing blue sea.

Beach - amazing white sand and all that nature has to offer. I would say that management have to invest in having employees walk the beach at least once per day to clean man made mess. We found 3 plastic bottles and a big plastic sheet floating in the sea which we retrieved and placed it near our sunbeds on our second day and no one collected them.

Spa - average, clean, traditional and great treatments. But over priced, lacked atmosphere. Needs spa like music and aromas. Jacuzzi and other facilities were not working. Maintenance people were still working in them.

Restaurants - we did not go all inclusive so we had the luxury of choosing where to eat. The food here is just AMAZING, there is not a single thing we can complain about. Tasty and all freshly made, the seafood meat equally as good. Staff at every restaurant could not do more if they tried. The ONLY downside is the prices VERY EXPENSIVE!

Housekeeping - absolutely incredible, these guys are amazing. Tending to the room twice a day. Making sure everything was perfect, clean towels and everything replenished.

Check-out - the same as check-in hectic. Our transfers were early 4:45am bags collected from room. We arrived at reception at 5 wanting to go for breakfast but was told not enough time (the boat was leaving at 5:30) at 5:05 we’re told boat is here. We were rushed off. Not the best of check-outs. Felt like ‘go go go’. Not a relaxing end to the vacation. We were then waiting at the domestic airport for 1hour 15 mins really unnecessary for such an early boat departure.

Stayed: March 2018